Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading Vs Brighton and Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Good news: Ince back; Halford starting; O'Grady starting; two wingers (?)
Bad news: JFC starting; Stephens not in squad.

We'll get a win tonight. Reading's minds will be on Wembley and they'll be tired from Saturday.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I bet Steve Clarke wasn't expecting that team!
I fookin wasn't expecting that either,.....what is going on for gods sake?...... I thought they had seen the light by binning JFC....... and what has happened to Calde and Stephens?

Is this the new Tinker Man?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I fookin wasn't expecting that either,.....what us going on for gods sake?...... I thought they had seen the light by binning JFC....... and what has happened to Calde and Stephens.
Stephens is injured according to BBC Sussex, Calde knackered?

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Hopefully JFC comes back refreshed from his break. Will be nice to see him play in his natural position for once, hopefully he can prove a lot of people wrong.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Usual team has worked really well at home but has not been working away (no goal in five and two defeats in a row}.
Actually one goal in the last five, and the sequence is WLDDL - and we've only conceded two in those five matches, so I'm not quite sure what the logic is. Leaving out the likes of Calde (on his current goal-scoring form at least), Tex and Stephens is a bit of a concern, IMHO. Anyway, I'm still hoping to be proved wrong.........

Worrying about Stephens. Hope it's not another injury.
Seconded!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Hopefully JFC comes back refreshed from his break. Will be nice to see him play in his natural position for once, hopefully he can prove a lot of people wrong.

sorry even if he plays like a demon and scores 3 goals, that won't be good enough for some

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why would we start Ledesma ahead of Tex and JFC ahead of Holla? No Bruno or Calde raiding down the right either. Is Hughton setting us up for a point?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Even if he is refreshed, it is difficult to see why he gets the nod over Tex, who is simply a much better player (this isn't a dig at JFC - he's had far too much abuse - but he just isn't in the same class, IMHO).

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Manager rotating squad ahead of congested period of fixtures shocker. Jesus Christ - some need to calm down :facepalm:

Apart from injuries, the squad will be back at full strength on Saturday.

Even if he is refreshed, it is difficult to see why he gets the nod over Tex, who is simply a much better player (this isn't a dig at JFC - he's had far too much abuse - but he just isn't in the same class, IMHO).

JFC isnt as attacking, so Kayal would be ahead of him, JFC would be in the holding MF position, which wouldnt suit Tex who is much better attacking. They are different players really.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Actually one goal in the last five, and the sequence is WLDDL - and we've only conceded two in those five matches, so I'm not quite sure what the logic is. Leaving out the likes of Calde (on his current goal-scoring form at least), Tex and Stephens is a bit of a concern, IMHO. Anyway, I'm still hoping to be proved wrong.........

Sorry, yes I meant no goals in four. I agree we've only conceded two in that time but we've only won 2 points in that time so it's worth a try. Gives us a better chance for Saturday too.

Calde I agree with but Tex hasn't been the same away as he's has at home and it sounds like Stephens is injured (hope it's not too serious). I can see the logic of trying something different to get an away win. Maybe it won't work but we still have a nine point cushion with 10 games to play even if we lose. Time will tell.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why would we start Ledesma ahead of Tex and JFC ahead of Holla? No Bruno or Calde raiding down the right either. Is Hughton setting us up for a point?
Maybe, and a point would be better than nothing, but although we're the away team, they're only one point ahead of us, and on a poor run themselves, so I would rather be looking at the possibility of grabbing all three points tonight, really.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
did they say how long he is likely to be out?
No details I'm afraid, one of the listeners texted in asking about Stephens absence their reply was that they understood that he was injured. Hope it's not too bad.

warlingham seagull

Jul 28, 2004
Warlingham
No details I'm afraid, one of the listeners texted in asking about Stephens absence their reply was that they understood that he was injured. Hope it's not too bad.

Andy Naylor [MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus
· 44 secs 45 seconds ago
Gather Dale Stephens just rested, no recurrence of ankle trouble. #bhafc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here