Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World's Hardest Creature X: NOMINATIONS thread

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It got done over by dodgy second account votes last year so once again I'll nominate the Cassowary.

The cassowary is shittest animal ever* to feature in this esteemed competition. It is a bird. It once got angry and had it's picture taken. The whole wide internet world contains ONE photo of it acting remotely hard. It is shithouse.

*except the honey badger

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Point of order [MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION]

Tardigrade is a phylum - it's at the same level of the tree of life as "arthropod", containing over 1 million species or "mollusc". Surely, in order to be a valid entry, a creature has to be more specific than that? If not, someone could nominate arthropod and then choose the hardest component parts on a species by species basis to create a composite animal...

Excellent point.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

Tardigrade is a phylum - it's at the same level of the tree of life as "arthropod", containing over 1 million species or "mollusc". Surely, in order to be a valid entry, a creature has to be more specific than that? If not, someone could nominate arthropod and then choose the hardest component parts on a species by species basis to create a composite animal...

Fair enough, in that case I nominate Ramazzottius varieonatus

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
My first year of actually nominating but this creature is too mental not to be nominated

Bulldog Ant

Yes it's an Ant - but it holds a world record for being head mental and despite it's size has killed humans

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/most-dangerous-ant

'In attack it uses its sting and jaws simultaneously. There have been at least three human fatalities since 1936, the latest a Victorian farmer in 1988.

The bull dog ant earned its name because of its ferocity and determination during an attack. It is extremely aggressive and shows little fear of human beings, stinging a number of times in quick succession and therefore injecting more venom with each bite. In an attack, the ant will hold on to its victim with long, toothed mandibles, curl its body underheath and thrust its long barbless sting into the skin. On a few occasions this sting has been enough to kill adults within 15 minutes.'

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Hmmm, this is a good point. The Tardigrade has been a previous competitor but I'd never realised that it was a group of animals rather than a single distinct one. I'm minded to let it enter as it's previously competed and has no real chance of winning. If any other phyla get nominated then they will not be allowed entry.

That's my decision and it's final. Unless the majority want the Tardigrade out then like Donald Trump I'll clean house of the alien buggers.

Aug 23, 2011
I nominate the shrew.

It takes on snakes and scorpions despite being pretty much blind. Its signature death move is skull crushing and whilst it has venom, it doesn't often use it to kill.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I nominate the shrew.

It takes on snakes and scorpions despite being pretty much blind. Its signature death move is skull crushing and whilst it has venom, it doesn't often use it to kill.

Sounds fantastic. Seconded.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I nominate the Least Weasel
The world’s smallest carnivore is also the most ferocious hunter, pound for pound. Weighing only a few ounces and measuring around 20 centimeters, the unbelievably aggressive, hamster sized Least Weasel is capable of killing a European Rabbit up to five times its own size. With the immense size difference, the tiny beast appears more like a parasite than a predator as it latches onto the neck of its larger prey items and drains blood from the jugular vein. The Least Weasel will also kill any small bird, amphibian or mammal it encounters with a bone-crushing bite. The same ferocity may utilized in territorial defense.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I would normally nominate the most deadly Spider (in term of venom, The Brazilian Wandering Spider) but this year, after watching Planet Earth II. It HAS to be the Jaguar. Having the balls to hunt and kill Caiman's (a deadly predator in his own right) should see him challenge for the later rounds.

Nominated Jaguar last time out. Did not get anywhere. Missed by the talent spotters?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here