Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Afternoon all.

Bloke here has a severe cold - he's been ill since Monday but, in his words: "I forced himself to come in as I don't get any sympathy at home." He's now on the Lemsip.

Two people here have told him to go home as he's evidently contagious but he's staying put.

He has performed the LOUDEST sneeze I have ever heard (there have been so many that people have stopped saying "bless you") and then moaned audibly as he glanced down at his shirt to find some kind of nasal EFFLUENT stuck to it.

Cue a quick wipe with the left hand and he's straight back to tapping the keyboard.

I am therefore excusing myself to go and buy a steam cleaner, some bleach and a boiler suit.

Ugh. I hate these people. I have been off work for two days after picking a bug from one of the grads last week. She was in despite being obviously unwell, coughing like she had a sixty a day problem and shedding germs all over the place. Why can't these people just go home? What is wrong with them? I've had a great time in bed with a temperature, surfing the net, playing games and doing **** all. Bit like work, really, except with more pillows.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ugh. I hate these people. I have been off work for two days after picking a bug from one of the grads last week. She was in despite being obviously unwell, coughing like she had a sixty a day problem and shedding germs all over the place. Why can't these people just go home? What is wrong with them? I've had a great time in bed with a temperature, surfing the net, playing games and doing **** all. Bit like work, really, except with more pillows.

This is a bit off topic but I don't quite understand why people who have a cold should not go to work but kids having a cold still have to go to school. Do people really think that there's something magical about an office that spreads germs, while a school doesn't?

I don't quite see why there should be a double standard.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
mayhem here, suppliers have sent chocolate advent calendars, non UK colleague rip one open not knowing what it was, then announced it was fancy chocolates, 2nd colleague started screaming 'that's unlucky' another has gone hysterical cos they don't know what day they are eating ..... WTF happens to people this time of year .... all gone quazy :shootself

Last edited:

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
mayhem here, suppliers have sent chocolate advent calendars, non UK colleague rip one open not knowing what it was, then announced it was fancy chocolates, 2nd colleague started screaming 'that's unlucky' another has gone hysterical cos they don't know what day they are eating ..... WTF happens to people this time of year .... all gone quazy :shootself

It's unlucky to open calendars?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'd either reply 'Development' or 'Fish', depending on the mood.

It's not worth dignifying with any response. It's the question of someone who got to the end, thought they didn't have enough questions so badly copied a kind of question they've seen in the past with absolutely no value or merit. Typical bell-cheesery.

They'll likely get a pay rise and promotion out of it.

As I've said on this thread before, work seems to bring the misanthrope out in me.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
firstly, I don't know what they're talking about, for all I know they could be mouthing me off.

We've figured out that's what the Portuguese and Brazilian staff in work are doing when they speak Portuguese. If they're talking technical stuff its always in English as they learnt everything through English to begin with.

We also have two Danes who were doing it about various people - not me though - until I dropped into conversation that I (actually do) have the absolute most basic understanding of Danish. Hasn't happened since :D

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Just had an email saying " dust off your Christmas Jumper, T shirts or Tinsel Topped hats, for tomorrow is CHRISTMAS (JUMPER) DAY!!!!!!!"

It's a no from me....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just had an email saying " dust off your Christmas Jumper, T shirts or Tinsel Topped hats, for tomorrow is CHRISTMAS (JUMPER) DAY!!!!!!!"

It's a no from me....

'Thank you for your email

I am working from home tomorrow to avoid the excruciating 'oooh look at me I am so wacky' Bellcheesery that is the annual Christmas Jumper thing, but will respond in due course. You wankers.

Rgds'

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Oh I've got a FANTASTIC example of BELL CHEESERY for you today boys and girls...

There is a significant build up of UNCLAIMED lunch boxes in the kitchen cupboard. A LUNCHBOX DEADLINE (which I'm sure you're all familiar with) has been set. But, quite remarkably, it's gone from "If you don't collect them by 5 tomorrow, they will be slung in the bin" to "We are having a LUNCHBOX AUCTION at 16:50 on the dot on Friday" Only after the auction is complete are the unclaimed lunchboxes (some of which are the posh glass ones from Ikea) will be cast into the abyss.

A ****ing Lunchbox Auction. Honestly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here