Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will go DOWN tonight ?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Hopefully now reality will hit those smug Geordies.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
New season Championship live games stats

Newcastle 30 games

Villa 26 games

Leeds 22 games

The rest between 2-5 games

Yeah I always wondered what it was about Villa that got them on Sky live matches so frequently ? Even in the Premiership. Not just this year but every year

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
My missus is a Newcastle fan. She's very grumpy sitting here at the minute :nono::nono:

I'm a bit sympathetic as we've been relegated lots of times and know how she feels.

BUT

If we fail in the playoffs we're going to have a VERY interesting away day weekender with her in the home end and me in the away and vice versa.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Newcastle going down will mean one promotion spot sealed for next season

Going to be tough for them, they'll have a massive squad reshuffle, new manager or not. Can't see some of the 'big time charlies' there staying as would massively stretch their budget even with the ridiculous parachute payment. Not to mention Ashley if he sells or not. Guy has serously d!iked around with tthe club. I think they are going to be a Championship side for a couple of seasons.

Burnley bounced back but they had mininal squad change, kept the same manager and so had that stability and togetherness still from the previous seasons - and they still struggled to make it back up this season. Newcastle are going to have wholesale changes and its not a happy club or fanbase. A LOT of disgruntled fans out there.

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Mike Ashley is a c.o.c.k .

As for Newcastle fans i like them. Good bunch,

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
My missus is a Newcastle fan. She's very grumpy sitting here at the minute :nono::nono:

I'm a bit sympathetic as we've been relegated lots of times and know how she feels.

BUT

If we fail in the playoffs we're going to have a VERY interesting away day weekender with her in the home end and me in the away and vice versa.

If you are not on line after that match we will send someone round to look for you.........UNDER THE PATIO

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Mike Ashley is a c.o.c.k .

As for Newcastle fans i like them. Good bunch,

I agree......I like the fans but the people at the top, especially Derek Lambias and even more so Lee Charnley are pricks

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Will Rafa really travel to Burton upon Trent...

image.jpeg

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Yeah I always wondered what it was about Villa that got them on Sky live matches so frequently ? Even in the Premiership. Not just this year but every year

God knows. Whenever Villa are the live game I don't bother watching as they are so dull. I just don't care if they win lose or draw. They are an irrelevance. See also WBA, Swansea and Stoke.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hopefully now reality will hit those smug Geordies.
That's not very kind. I'm sure they'll go straight back up and have a good laugh on the way, they aren't tinpot.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not for a long time a night like this is what local rivalries is all about, and when on the right side its amazing
Ah that's right you are a "black cat". Congratulations fella you must be floating on air right now.

:)

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Interesting that both of Hughton's ex clubs have been relegated. I am sure he doesn't need any more motivation to get us promoted, but would be the icing on the cake for him if we do, though he would never admit it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Now is it a coincidence that the major issue Everton seem to have had for many months is that they simply cannot defend? I think not.

Yet, it's a defence that, injuries aside, would contain three of England's defenders in the Euros. What does that say about the England team?

Can't see any way back for Martinez from this: the team looks as if they can't be bothered to play for him. But don't see Hughton going there: the new owners will want a big name. If only one of the relegated teams had an experienced manager with European credentials and had experience of a Merseyside club ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here