Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last couple of blocks for Wednesday away (Friday), selling fast.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Confirmed now that Wednesday fans will be in the lower tier.

They've also sold out their allocation or Monday

Seeing as we get 2000 from 40000 i assume this is 1000 from 30000

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Dessie

Jun 17, 2010
Sheffield
Out of interest, presume this refers to a Weds / Utd game? Tell more...

79/80 season, Demblades were flying at the top of the 3rd division having been relegated the season before. We were a way off the pace in 4th, so United were red hot favourites ahead of the Boxing Day fixture, our first competive Steel City Derby in donkeys years. This was the game everyone in Sheffield wanted to witness and despite there being no public transport over 49k people turned up to witness one of the most one sided Sheffield Derbies ever as the heroes in blue and white vanquished the evil empire from down the road. 4-0 was the final score, including one from Ian Mellor who a few of the Older, non-JCL NSCers might remember. From that point in the season we went from strength to strength and promotion o Division 2 whilst United faded to mid table obscurity, followed by relegation the next season when Don Givens missed a last minute penalty to condemn United to relegation to Division 4 - still the only Sheffield club to play in that league - and 2nd May is celebrated as Thanks Givens Day.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
No just curios, and its worth a bit of banter before the game, I know you barely took any to Forest either, don't travel too well if you have to go further than MK (special offer)

Bearing in mind you joined our site 4 years ago, have you been waiting all this time for a match that anyone gives a fvck about to start with the banter?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
79/80 season, Demblades were flying at the top of the 3rd division having been relegated the season before. We were a way off the pace in 4th, so United were red hot favourites ahead of the Boxing Day fixture, our first competive Steel City Derby in donkeys years. This was the game everyone in Sheffield wanted to witness and despite there being no public transport over 49k people turned up to witness one of the most one sided Sheffield Derbies ever as the heroes in blue and white vanquished the evil empire from down the road. 4-0 was the final score, including one from Ian Mellor who a few of the Older, non-JCL NSCers might remember. From that point in the season we went from strength to strength and promotion o Division 2 whilst United faded to mid table obscurity, followed by relegation the next season when Don Givens missed a last minute penalty to condemn United to relegation to Division 4 - still the only Sheffield club to play in that league - and 2nd May is celebrated as Thanks Givens Day.

I do remember 'Spider Mellor'.

Must be a bit strange being rivals with a team in the same city. Sheffield is about the size of the Brighton and Hove conurbation area. Is there a geographical divide of supporters or is it just random ?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Our game at the Amex was atrocious, we were just as much to blame but tactically it was pretty clear what your team wanted to do - bore everyone and draw 0-0. If that's what your manager and team wanted to do, then congratulations - you've achieved it, you snuck into 6th with a very good defensive record. But the few times I've watched Wednesday this season, you haven't scored a goal and Forestieri, who was fantastic against us for Watford a couple of years ago, looked like a player stuck in a rigid system which didn't allow him to do a great deal. Obviously I haven't seen all of the games, or highlights, etc. I really wouldn't want to.

:lol:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
What's an Owl Stalk ?

owl_branch_tree_101719_300x300.jpg

4 owls sake!

owlsonlineadmin

Jul 22, 2010
I do remember 'Spider Mellor'.

Must be a bit strange being rivals with a team in the same city. Sheffield is about the size of the Brighton and Hove conurbation area. Is there a geographical divide of supporters or is it just random ?

Having City rivals is pretty good, the banter at work in the lead up and after the derbies can be decent. Matchdays can be downright hostile mind. The only issue is it drains the support, this season we've averaged 22.5k to their 20k which shows there is a lot of people that actually like football in the City. This is the reason I think you get better crowds of late, you've no rivals within 40?miles to draw support from you, in our case there's about 20 clubs.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Owls fans, i'm one of the thirty or so Brighton fans bothering to make the trip up on Friday. Any advice on the best way to get to the station and back in a match day. Tram? Bus? Looks as bad as the Amex to get in and out of!

owlsonlineadmin

Jul 22, 2010
Owls fans, i'm one of the thirty or so Brighton fans bothering to make the trip up on Friday. Any advice on the best way to get to the station and back in a match day. Tram? Bus? Looks as bad as the Amex to get in and out of!

What time is your train fella? Cos it'll be nightmare. Ideally you'd walk into Hillsborough itself (3/4s of a mile, if that) and catch the Halfway (blue tram) as that is direct to the station. If your train leaves before 10 you've no chance.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
What time is your train fella? Cos it'll be nightmare. Ideally you'd walk into Hillsborough itself (3/4s of a mile, if that) and catch the Halfway (blue tram) as that is direct to the station. If your train leaves before 10 you've no chance.

I'm arriving at about 4pm and have a hotel near the station. heading back on Saturday, so no major rush. Just wondered whether there will be extra trams or buses. I had an ankle op a few months ago so long walks are out of the question

Cheers

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Having City rivals is pretty good, the banter at work in the lead up and after the derbies can be decent. Matchdays can be downright hostile mind. The only issue is it drains the support, this season we've averaged 22.5k to their 20k which shows there is a lot of people that actually like football in the City. This is the reason I think you get better crowds of late, you've no rivals within 40?miles to draw support from you, in our case there's about 20 clubs.

No but the Albion has been fighting for fans against the big London clubs for years. You wouldn't believe how many Arsenal fans are in Brighton.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014

I'm on the 10:48 to Manchester, I should be able make it back to the station in time without having to rush out of the match before full time shouldn't I? Last time I went the crowd was no way near as large as it will be this time.

owlsonlineadmin

Jul 22, 2010
I'm on the 10:48 to Manchester, I should be able make it back to the station in time without having to rush out of the match before full time shouldn't I? Last time I went the crowd was no way near as large as it will be this time.

Piece of piss that one fella.

owlsonlineadmin

Jul 22, 2010
I'm arriving at about 4pm and have a hotel near the station. heading back on Saturday, so no major rush. Just wondered whether there will be extra trams or buses. I had an ankle op a few months ago so long walks are out of the question

Cheers

A slow amble down to Hillsborough corner is your best bet as the trams will be rammed straight after the game and uncomfortable, if you can make the shortish walk head into the Rawson for a pint and let the dust settle

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here