Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Howe seems to have the knack of turning the Albion over

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Only against a Smug Eddie team would we concede a goal that stemmed from having to defend a corner with 10 men as their player injured ours. I really hate that smug twunt.

I bet he was UNBEARABLE after the game when the reporters praised him for his substitution.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
His sides always seem to put one over on us. Saying that though I thought we did pretty well overall and deserved a point.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Surely that should read you THOUGHT Ibe was worth a punt at the time. Clearly though, he's been an expensive flop. He'll be loaned out to a lower or midtable Championship club before long I would think, before being sold off for a fraction of what you paid for him, if you can get any takers.

Errmmmmm - just a little request, Easy: in future do you think you could avoid making statements such as this about players we are coming up against just 24 hours later? Thanks :thumbsup:

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Surely that should read you THOUGHT Ibe was worth a punt at the time. Clearly though, he's been an expensive flop. He'll be loaned out to a lower or midtable Championship club before long I would think, before being sold off for a fraction of what you paid for him, if you can get any takers.

Fate-tempting at its very best

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Howe is in his comfort zone and has no intention of stepping out of it. The only time he did, he struggled, got homesick and ran back to the South coast again. He is no better or worse than a lot of managers out there. He has just discovered a formula that works for Bmuff. High intensity pressing game relying on confidence and accuracy. Until last night, they were lacking the last two elements of that formula but we have generously given them that back again.

Jim_AFCB

Oct 9, 2010
Signed for 7 million, played 25 times in two years (mostly 10 minute subs) and now binned out on loan to France.

Money well spent
#Eddie'sMiracle

Suffered a cruciate injury in the 2nd home game for us and not been the same since. Looked excellent up to that point.

Just to correct a bit of history in earlier posts in this thread.
Howe left for Burnley largely due to interference from the then Chairman e.g coming into the dressing room at half time etc., the previous week he'd turned down Palace which was when he initially said he was staying.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Only against a Smug Eddie team would we concede a goal that stemmed from having to defend a corner with 10 men as their player injured ours. I really hate that smug twunt.

I bet he was UNBEARABLE after the game when the reporters praised him for his substitution.

I thought your chap was a bit naive, was it the German fella? Lets be honest he wasn't that hurt, his sole reason for staying down was to slow down play. I was sat not far away and he did the old cheeky peek up to see if play had stopped. Was he back on when we scored if not then perhaps he can learn from it.

A few thoughts. You were probably the most negative team to visit us since Villa three years back and trust me I'm not being smug, just saying as it is. What was depressing for us was that we so poor we really struggled to break you down but it was only a matter of time with the quality of Ibe and Defoe on the pitch. A long season for both of us but why park the bus like you did,sit so deep when we were really there for the taking.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Christ on a Boris bike - this is perhaps the most cringe-worthy embarrassing tinpot thread, started by a Brighton supporter, I have ever read on NSC. Reading it from the start, today, after yesterday, is excrutiating in the extreme. Some people need to remind themselves about where we have come from, and get in a nice hot bath to soak out all the neediness, entitlment and baffling bitterness towards an irrelevant (in the nicest possible way) club and its manager. To me all the eddie bashing is nothing more than wanting to bully the kid next door because he has blond hair and rosy cheeks. It reeks of lack of self confidence. Even the long running vendetta against Scott McGleish has more class and humour about it than this. And BTW, last night we lost fair and square in a decent match. Next....... :yawn:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought your chap was a bit naive, was it the German fella? Lets be honest he wasn't that hurt, his sole reason for staying down was to slow down play. I was sat not far away and he did the old cheeky peek up to see if play had stopped. Was he back on when we scored if not then perhaps he can learn from it.

A few thoughts. You were probably the most negative team to visit us since Villa three years back and trust me I'm not being smug, just saying as it is. What was depressing for us was that we so poor we really struggled to break you down but it was only a matter of time with the quality of Ibe and Defoe on the pitch. A long season for both of us but why park the bus like you did,sit so deep when we were really there for the taking.

I was bored rigid and incredibly frustrated after the first half but that's the way we play. Once we took the lead we looked a decent side until your very well worked goals knocked the stuffing out of us. Your substitutes changed the game for you, ours did absolutely nothing because the team just stopped playing. Very worrying capitulation imo, we didn't threaten again once after your second. Long season ahead and it's not going to be very enjoyable to watch. But hey ho we are Premier League and it's what we all wanted.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Yes you were poor ..I was surprised how bad..I think we will be disappointed at conceding those two goals

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

It's the trademark Hughton away tactic and to be fair, it works a lot of the time. If you didn't have a gamechanger (as Ibe turned out to be last night) to bring on, I reckon we would've snuck away with at least a point. Even though you dominated the vast majority of the game, the two goals were the first real chances of note. It's frustrating to watch a lot of the time but CH has always been this type of manager and it won't change any time soon.

Can't have too many complaints about the result, could see it coming a mile off. Despite having plenty of time to get an equaliser, we looked like we were three goals down after the second one went in...

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Unfortunately for this tactic virtually every P L team will have an expensive game changer or two sitting on the bench

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Neglecting the fact he was fouled by your lump of a CB and the ref acted like Smug's puppy and played on, yet every time one of your saintly cheats fell over he blew up. Also your streak of p1ss in goal needs punching.

Reginald Lorenzo

Dec 13, 2014
Always had a lot of time for Brighton, but this thread made last nights win even more enjoyable. The references to Harry After were pathetic, and even the last two pages smack still of sour grapes. Harry Wilsons tackle has it spot on (unfortunately).

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

Its difficult not to agree with anything you said, gross was clearly not badly hurt and his absence may have contributed to us conceeding, I hope he and all of our players learn a lesson from it, I am totally against players feigning any injury as it robs the fans of time and one day when someone is in real trouble play will continue, its called crying wolf.

Unfortunately its Hughtons way in his team set up and game plan to be negative and defensive, when really we are quite capable of taking the game to the opposition. In the post match interview Rosenior said we played that style in the Championship and it worked well, trouble is we're not in the championship now. If we play defensively and fail as we did last night, we might as well play on the front foot and fail, at least we'll have a better chance of gaining points. As Frank de Boer said last week, football is about scoring goals.

Thanks for your post it was positive without being spiteful and smug.

:albion2:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Its difficult not to agree with anything you said, gross was clearly not badly hurt and his absence may have contributed to us conceeding, I hope he and all of our players learn a lesson from it, I am totally against players feigning any injury as it robs the fans of time and one day when someone is in real trouble play will continue, its called crying wolf.

Unfortunately its Hughtons way in his team set up and game plan to be negative and defensive, when really we are quite capable of taking the game to the opposition. In the post match interview Rosenior said we played that style in the Championship and it worked well, trouble is we're not in the championship now. If we play defensively and fail as we did last night, we might as well play on the front foot and fail, at least we'll have a better chance of gaining points. As Frank de Boer said last week, football is about scoring goals.

Thanks for your post it was positive without being spiteful and smug.

:albion2:
Feigning injury that caused him to be substituted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here