Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldock - worst signing since when?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
What a joke thread. How many games had he actually played up top? Playing wide left isn't exactly giving him a fair crack is it. Jheez.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Baldrick is an absolute disgrace.

Useless, absolutely, totally useless.

I feel utter dispair that we replaced a HERO like Leo, with such a desparately poor player.

The one ray of light in his sorry signing is that it contributed to BERK getting the BOOT.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Whilst accepting that he is a striker, and we've yet to see much of him there, the facts are, on what we HAVE seen, his touch is poor, he can't protect the ball, he's not especially quick. His basic skillset - the things you can judge in any player - is bang average, regardless of where is playing.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Today we had a £5 million strike force and our top scorer is a defender who got sent off.

What we learned about Baldock today is he can't control a ball in the air with his left foot. Playing him on the left of attack is a waste of time.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
He said himself he is at his best playing off a big man and not out wide, so maybe we should look into that.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Terrible signing. I hope we can 'get rid' this window, but sadly I fear that he'll be with us a while.
What an absolute tosser BERK was to sign this joke.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Bit harsh to say he is that bad when we have never played him in a 4-4-2 - and why did we buy him if he wasn't going to play alongside a big striker?

my thoughts exactly ,
he isnt to blame for the clubs mismanagement, bet he wishes hed gone elsewhere ...

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Agreed. Baldock is useless at this level. Lightweight and can't shoot. League 2 at best but even then impossible to tell as he barely gets a touch.
We looked lightweight with him, FC & March all ineffectual against another strong physically superior team.

He was the top scorer in League 1 last season. I agree that he has been very poor this season, but to say that the top scorer in League 1 last season is only good enough for League 2 is stupid.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If he can only play off a big man upfront then we should had never signed him, as we Never play 2 upfront- complete waste of money

Double blunder as we already had a player like Baldock who isn't very good either. 5 million pounds and wages pissed up the wall.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So why did we sign him? Like CMS he is best playing off a big man, but we haven't played two up front since Russell Slades day?!! Just highlights what a waste of space David Burke was.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
To make it clear I'm not having a go at Baldock but just highlighting what a pointless signing he is. Can clearly only play as a second striker off a big man and yet we are on our fourth manager who never plays that formation.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
How quickly all the Kemy threads have been forgotten. Baldock really hasn't been given a realistic chance yet. Kemy will never be beaten as our worst signing - even Jason Peake scored one pretty excellent goal at the Goldstone (can't remember who against). And Baldock and Peake both seemed like sensible human beings, unlike our 'baller'

Hatman1234

Aug 24, 2011
In a crater in the sea.
Baldock is being played out of position.

CMS is not a lone striker or a winger. He was at his best when Barnes was supporting. But he needs 3 chances in a game to get himself a goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here