Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there anyone left..

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes deep rooted problems for sure but none of us can do much more than guess where the problems are coming from. Appears most of us seem to think multiple sources.

Missing B'muff ... bad enough watching the current stuff at home without all the agg of travelling :)

But think we could have a new Manager (Coach?) by then, so maybe a dream start?

Bad fan! lol......i'm working the morning then doing Bournemouth with Portsmouth naval yards and stuff on the Sunday...new manager by then? Hmm...unless its a cricket score against Tottenham i don't think so..but u never know in this game

...who still thinks the clueless bin-dipping Finnish prick should be give more time?

Only I'd say I haven't seen NSC quite as unanimous as this on any subject before.

Can just imagine you in your schoolyard days running 10 yards behind the bullies and simpering away, desperately trying to be popular. And your old man version of that on NSC is even more flesh-creeping, kicking a guy when he's already down.

Sami is in trouble but deserves some bare minimum standards of class

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Good post, I agree with most of your points apart from:-

3. Don't judge the cause of our problems from what you read on here!
9. We remember the best games from those players but they never all played together, it was spread over 3 seasons and along with injuries there were lots of inconsistent or even poor performance from them. We do have a high quality squad; for most games we've played this year our players have been better technically, it's the team tactics that have let us down, along with an ineffectual front line. The odd mistake at the back isn't a problem if you've banged in 3 upfront.
Take your point re the ex players. The tactics can't be THAT bad given they are not being thumped by e.g. Watford, Forest etc. Might the tactics seem a bit better if even just one of the forwards grew a pair and sharpened up. [mixed metaphors are great]

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Take your point re the ex players. The tactics can't be THAT bad given they are not being thumped by e.g. Watford, Forest etc. Might the tactics seem a bit better if even just one of the forwards grew a pair and sharpened up. [mixed metaphors are great]

Or indeed if some of the midfield chipped in with some ...I thought Gardner had a gd game yesterday but for the 2nd week running he missed a glorious chance early in the first half

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I don't buy the whole - trying a system without the players thing. The system is just dog shit. That's the problem.

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
I really don't think getting rid of SH is the answer right now. Replace with who exactly? Tony has made this seasons choice (a bad one perhaps) but more disruption right now with another panic appointment really could kill us off.
I still maintain I'm being better entertained than last season where we watched our rear third possession between Greer, Upson & PIG bore us to tears.
What we miss is a proven goal scorer who can make space & actually shoot, unlike the powder puff stuff we are seeing out there now. As I think the post match comments suggested yesterday was akin to us being down to 9 men with Baldock & O'Grady's inputs. I'm still happier seeing 4 upfront when we're pushing forward rather than a huge gap between our packed defense sitting deep whilst we slowly throw it forward to an isolated Ulloa.

I always wanted a more passionate British manager in the mould of Sherwood or Pullis but Tony appears to like stable introverts, more fool him.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think they should keep him for a month and then review.

1. it will be costly to pay him off.
2. Whoever comes in will smell blood and won't do it cheap if he's any good.
3. He is not solely responsible for the problems judging by posts.
4. They have only lost one game by more than one goal.
5. They are a relatively new team.
6. A lot of posters seem to be very naive about the quality of the Championship.
7. If the club DO end up going down, why are so many people assuming they'll do a Portsmouth. Why not a Wolves? or Bristol City even.
8. When you quote the mantra 'keep the faith' you might actually consider what that means.
9. Take Buckley, Upson, Bridge, Bridcott, Ulloa etc away from most Championship squads and try to replace them with finite recourses given who's available and you will see a struggling team.
10. How unlucky can a manager be for ALL strikers to be so ineffective over such a long period. If that's down to tactics, it must take some doing!
11. Brighton actually struggled with their scoring LAST season if you look at the stats.
12. At the very least you might as well leave him in charge for the Bournemouth game which they'll probably lose whoever is in charge etc etc etc

Get your head out of the sand. At least with a new manager we have a chance of turning our season around...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The season has already gone, give him untill January. At least he would have had a fair crack at it and then he can't complain when we do sack him.

Plus a relegation battle is good for attendances :)

Complacent BS.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Get your head out of the sand. At least with a new manager we have a chance of turning our season around...
Thanks. I can tell you studies each point I made in detail. They said Sam in East London was a waste of space.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Easy mistake for the interview panel that recommended SH to TB for the job. The last taciturn manager we had got us into the play-offs, so when SH turned up and mumbled his way through the interview, they no doubt thought 'winner!' :nono:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I really don't think getting rid of SH is the answer right now. Replace with who exactly? Tony has made this seasons choice (a bad one perhaps) but more disruption right now with another panic appointment really could kill us off.
I still maintain I'm being better entertained than last season where we watched our rear third possession between Greer, Upson & PIG bore us to tears.
What we miss is a proven goal scorer who can make space & actually shoot, unlike the powder puff stuff we are seeing out there now. As I think the post match comments suggested yesterday was akin to us being down to 9 men with Baldock & O'Grady's inputs. I'm still happier seeing 4 upfront when we're pushing forward rather than a huge gap between our packed defense sitting deep whilst we slowly throw it forward to an isolated Ulloa.

I always wanted a more passionate British manager in the mould of Sherwood or Pullis but Tony appears to like stable introverts, more fool him.

We have far, far more chance of surviving if we sack Sami now.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Thanks. I can tell you studies each point I made in detail. They said Sam in East London was a waste of space.

There's absolutely no point taking each of your points 1 by 1. If you can't recognize the tactical shambles that we are witnessing game after game, then you clearly are clueless.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
There's absolutely no point taking each of your points 1 by 1. If you can't recognize the tactical shambles that we are witnessing game after game, then you clearly are clueless.
Like at Watford and at Forrest oh young wetter of the mattress?

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
.............to blame?

Seems no one can make their mind up whether the players are shit, Hypia is shit, Burke is an idiot, Barber is the Devil or Tony has made a clanger with all of the current appointments.

The quality of the squad isn't the issue. Regardless of how a deluded few expected us to sign the Championship version of the Harlem Globetrotters during the summer, we still have a core of very good quality players at this level. Take a look at the likes of Brentford, Millwall, Rotherham, Bournemouth, Ipswich etc etc - are they full of £5m superstars? Nope. Aside from the parachute clubs, our wage bill compares favourably with the top 10 sides. Players like Tex, Holla, Stockdale, Baldock, O'Grady all came with a pedigree. Have they all suddenly forgotten how to play the beautiful game? Course not. Only last week Danny Wilson said he'd have COG back in a heartbeat - was full of praise, adding how his former striker had been 'a real handful for opposition defences'. A number of mates/colleagues who'd seen Baldock at both BC and WHU remarked how they expected him to really shine at Albion. One added, 'I can see him scoring 25-plus goals for you'. Steven Gerrard went on record to say Tex was an outstanding prospect and one he expected to feature heavily in future Liverpool teams. Fulham fans were seething to see the back of David Stockdale because they felt he deserved the number 1 jersey. And so on. Are all these people wrong??? I know there is a lot of testosterone flying about among Albion fans at the moment, but anyone blaming either 1) Tony Bloom 2) the players or 3) Burke for recruiting said players, is deluded. Football can be a brutal world and in this case we have to be blunt for the benefit of moving forward. Sami has to take the blame for our league position. And that's that.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I just posted this on another thread which sums up my feelings…

We appear to currently have a manager who has a system he likes to play - irrelevant who his players are.

Now Sami may well have been dealt a poor hand with our transfer dealings, but I just feel a manager worth his corn would start playing to their strengths. I've got friends who didn't like Garcia, but are now singing his praises in that at least he got his team competing and basically had them playing to their strengths.

We're now neither very good defensively or offensively. I think Greer's form has nose dived with the added pressure of covering vacant fullback positions. Our defending is a mess at times. They're all decent players, but the roles they are being asked to do are incredibly challenging that in a game there isn't any real respite for them. If we're doing well, then we're left with 2 at the back and no defensive width.

Bennett is excellent going forward, but very slow in getting back. Calderon is an adequate Championship full back - he is a long way short of a marauding wing back and is being asked to do a job he simply shouldn't be asked to do. Let the guy do what he's best at - defending, with the occasional overlapping run.

'Overlap' is not a tactic being used by us at all as it happens. We've got no one running between the lines, dropping back in to let someone run beyond. We're very square in the way we play, making it easy to organise against.

I'm really lost with what Hyppia is trying to achieve. I defended Garcia as I thought he had a system that could evolve into something better, and there was an organisation there that for the large part worked, despite being a bit dull at times. We look poor in comparison at the moment and the second season running we've gone backwards.

Sums it up for me.

Go to a flat back four for starters, play players in their correct positions, become hard to beat.

The last 20 minutes yesterday was embarrassing, we could have lost 4-1, players all over the place, a complete shambles.

Actually, I wonder if we might have been better off losing yesterday (hate saying that) as he would surely have gone.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Maybe Sami handed in his resignation last week and the board refused to accept it?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I have not checked any of the latest NSC polls but there are 3 questions to asked before a decision should be made.

Is Sammi shit (that cover tactics and formations btw)
Are the players shit
Is Sammi Shit and are the players shit as well.

Then when you have made a decision you can ask......... Is Burke shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here