Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your LEAST favourite band of the 80's

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Frankie goes to Hollywood hyped up shite that most young people seemed to fall for.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Dead or Alive.

I still love some of the early DoA singles - Number Eleven, It's Been hours Now, even Misty Circles. Having a brilliant voice didn't stop Pete Burns being a cock though.

People sometimes forget that Wayne Hussey was their early guitarist before he left to join Sisters of Mercy, and later The Mission.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The Arctic Monkeys, I appreciate that I'm the only person in the whole planet who thinks like this, barring octogenarian Mrs Miggins from the pie shop on the corner of Laslow Street in Ochtermochty, but I just really don't get the appeal and find the experience of those cheeky monks underwhelming in extremis. Oh, you said 80s! Sorry, I'll have to wait for the noughties thread instead and I'll just cut and paste this when it happens. Thanks in advance.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The Blow Monkeys, utter sh*t.
Then there was the Mobiles of 'Drowning in Berlin' fame, a Sussex band from Eastbourne / Hastings, absolute crap.
ABC :wrong:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Big country was just a move on from the Skids ,Smiths you either love em or hate em
regards
DR

Yes, but both shite...... so in the latter category :)

Always felt the followers of The Smiths, believed they were arty academics, looking for the meaning of life, through listening to soulless pile of rubbish.......

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I still love some of the early DoA singles - Number Eleven, It's Been hours Now, even Misty Circles. Having a brilliant voice didn't stop Pete Burns being a cock though.

People sometimes forget that Wayne Hussey was their early guitarist before he left to join Sisters of Mercy, and later The Mission.

I'm going to see our Wayne next week play his solo stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here