Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC now in it for £££

Status
Not open for further replies.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
The bloke was trying to do someone on here a favour boy getting one of our sons into employment. Why should he pay

That's how I see it. The OP was giving the heads up on here for a job rather than trying to avoid agency costs or a newspaper advert. Not quite the same as advertising your accountancy or mortgage broker services in my opinion. There's been a few people looking for work on here the last few years so didn't really seem unreasonable tbh.

Total red mist moment after that though ha ha, I can relate to that.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
The bloke was trying to do someone on here a favour boy getting one of our sons into employment. Why should he pay

With there being so many applications made for every apprenticeship offered I suppose it could be argued that posting information about one being available isn't so much an advert but rather information for other site members about a relatively rare opportunity.

On the other hand you can see Bozza's point that if you let one such post through without restriction you are encouraging others to spam the board.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
With there being so many applications made for every apprenticeship offered I suppose it could be argued that posting information about one being available isn't so much an advert but rather information for other site members about a relatively rare opportunity.

On the other hand you can see Bozza's point that if you let one such post through without restriction you are encouraging others to spam the board.
I can see where bozza may be coming from but on thing like this you would think he would let it go
the op is a regular poster What next when someone askes for recs Will they be expected to pay I can see both sides I also feel both sides have been a bit ott They should shake hands and both forget this spat

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'm assuming that those who are criticising Bozza for his stance on the original apprenticeship thread actually saw it and formed a considered view on whether it constituted advertising or not? It would be a bit rum to criticise a decision if they didn't actually see the OP.

Whether they did or didn't, it's a moot point. In terms of what is allowed and what isn't, this isn't a democracy. It's Bozza's ball as site owner/administrator and he can decide how it's played with. From everything I've seen, he tries to be fair and consistent. No doubt, he has others whose opinion he can call on if he's in doubt as to whether he's about to/has made the correct decision.

As he's posted elsewhere in this thread, this topic is not a black and white issue - there are shades of grey involved in deciding whether something is commercial and thus requires a sponsored sticky in order to be posted. For this particular post, he made the call that it was commercial and thus required a sponsored sticky - I don't see how anyone can really argue with that.

Anyway, the thing that seems to have really riled Bozza is the OP's response - going public on here with a gripe is well known to be a no no. Abusing Bozza on Twitter and then retweeting your own tweets from a second account, as has been reported, is, imo, well beyond the limit of acceptable behaviour.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I can see where bozza may be coming from but on thing like this you would think he would let it go
the op is a regular poster What next when someone askes for recs Will they be expected to pay I can see both sides I also feel both sides have been a bit ott They should shake hands and both forget this spat

I don't know Bozza, but suspect that if the OP had entered into a dialogue about why he thought it wasn't advertising (maybe through PMs) he may have had a good chance of the thread re-appearing. Unfortunately, by going on twitter (and i don't use twitter, so don't know what was said), it became a massive advertising campaign for Pringles and the like.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

That's how I see it. The OP was giving the heads up on here for a job rather than trying to avoid agency costs or a newspaper advert. Not quite the same as advertising your accountancy or mortgage broker services in my opinion. There's been a few people looking for work on here the last few years so didn't really seem unreasonable tbh.

Total red mist moment after that though ha ha, I can relate to that.

Maybe - and that could quietly have played out in the PM discussion that was started, the thread reinstated and everyone just carries on.

Unfortunately @nomoremithras4me just launched into abuse and attempted to discredit me and/or NSC at the earliest available opportunity.

I'll gladly put my hands up and apologise when I'm in the wrong but on this one I'm struggling to find that angle.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I for one never knew you could pay for a "sticky," but that seems a fair idea if it's for promotional purposes, which the OP was doing.

Again, I must thank the fair minded people of NSC for their help and contributions when I was asking for direction on starting my own small business.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Maybe - and that could quietly have played out in the PM discussion that was started, the thread reinstated and everyone just carries on.

Unfortunately @nomoremithras4me just launched into abuse and attempted to discredit me and/or NSC at the earliest available opportunity.

I'll gladly put my hands up and apologise when I'm in the wrong but on this one I'm struggling to find that angle.

comparing him to savile is enough to warrant a apology I think it's one of those silly things where he has attacked you You have had a go back with a ott comment I just think you should both get together shake hands and get on
He is a good poster A decent bloke As I'm sure you are It's would be silly to let this go on It's a lose lose situation for the both of you

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
comparing him to savile

But he didn't! The Savile comment was as a response to the point made by a poster that the OP does a lot for charity. Bozza was simply making the point that doing a lot for charity doesn't excuse poor behaviour in other areas of life. It's true that he chose the most nuclear example to make his point, but nowhere did he compare the OP to Savile.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
comparing him to savile is enough to warrant a apology I think it's one of those silly things where he has attacked you You have had a go back with a ott comment I just think you should both get together shake hands and get on
He is a good poster A decent bloke As I'm sure you are It's would be silly to let this go on It's a lose lose situation for the both of you

I wasn't comparing anyone to Jimmy Saville - that would be stupid - he was a monster.

I was merely giving an extreme example that "does a lot for charity" does not excuse other misbehaviours.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I just think [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] sees what he wants to. Rightly or wrongly in this instance, there is a deep running vein of double standards on NSC. That depending on whether you are part of the "In" crowd or not.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:flounce:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Maybe this thread should be locked for the two posters involved to be able to sort out their differences in private without other opinions making the situation worse?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I just think [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] sees what he wants to. Rightly or wrongly in this instance, there is a deep running vein of double standards on NSC. That depending on whether you are part of the "In" crowd or not.

Double standards? Such as?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here