Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The outer areas of Leicester are ok and there's lovely countryside nearby. It's such a common misconception by southerners that everything is grim up north.

Leicester are a bigger club, but then they didn't have to pay for their stadium, did they? They were the reason, points deduction came into being for going into administration, as they wrote off the cost of it all.
They are the same as Palace, and haven't learned to pay their way.

Interesting that when they were in the Championship we beat there attendances every season apart from the first season at the Amex. That was only because our ground was extended then. Crowd wise they are no bigger than us.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The outer areas of Leicester are ok and there's lovely countryside nearby. It's such a common misconception by southerners that everything is grim up north.

Leicester are a bigger club, but then they didn't have to pay for their stadium, did they? They were the reason, points deduction came into being for going into administration, as they wrote off the cost of it all.
They are the same as Palace, and haven't learned to pay their way.
Leicester is NOT up North. [emoji23]

However, I agree. There are plenty of really nice places North and South and an equal number of absolute shitholes.

E.g. Harrogate vs Lewes or Middlesbrough vs Luton just off the top of my head.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I didn’t learn how to spell ‘Jahanbakhsh’ for us not to sign him.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I know Leicester did win the league a few seasons ago, but their fans seem to be under some kind of massive illusion as to the gap between our club and theirs. They are doing their absolute nut on social media at the mere prospect of Ali coming here instead of there. Claiming it must be a money motivated decision if he ends up at The Amex...

Don't get me wrong Leicester are a bigger club than Brighton. But not by as bigger chasm as they believe. If he were to come here I would expect it to be due to the close proximity to London and the fact Leicester is a complete tramps armpit of a place.

I am OFFICIALLY declaring that Leicester City will be relegated this season.

Vardy has lost his buddy Mahrez.
Maguire will be OFF.
James Maddison will CRUMBLE under the pressure.
Jonny Evans will still be carrying the scars of relegation
Wes Morgan will be too busy collecting his pension.
The squad's morale will be in TATTERS.

or they will finish 9th.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I’ve called him out for years on here - complete joker with his imaginary sources [emoji38]

And won’t ever answer questions for fear of not covering one of the bases [emoji38]
Pretty sad really. And totally found out on this thread.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Leicester is NOT up North. [emoji23]

However, I agree. There are plenty of really nice places North and South and an equal number of absolute shitholes.

E.g. Harrogate vs Lewes or Middlesbrough vs Luton just off the top of my head.

All those wind turbines near Leicester are used to power their floodlights, allegedly :shrug:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Anything north of Sussex is up north as far as I’m concerned.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
To the tune of our house - Madness

Our Ali is the beast from the middle east.
Our Ali is the beast from the middle east.

Ali wears the badge he knows it's the best.
Your defence is tired looks like you need a rest.
The fans are playing up downstairs.
Bloom is sighing in his sleep.
Ali gotta a goal to score he can't hang around.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
100 pages of pure speculation.

Just a theory.
What if neither club were in for him and with the help from his agent with his media ownership/contacts have completely fabricated the whole thing? Is there any proof, solid evidence that he has even been in the country over the last week? Maybe it's all complete bollox and he's just having a late holiday/tour of Europe and thought this ruse fitting in an attempt to engineer a move (maybe to his preferred Bundesliga) after playing in the World Cup.
With us having a history of attempting to sign him in the past and Leicester having sold Mahrez, it's a good move to align himself with both clubs, giving him options to continue the story for as long as possible/needed. With how happy he was to take random selfies a few days ago, where was the one of him next to the Pavilion or on the beach? Same goes for Leicester.
If I had to guess right now, I reckon he'll stay put at AZ before moving to Germany next summer for an undisclosed fee closer to €10M.

Now I've said that he's bound to sign for one of us, just to make me look like a right cock-womble!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Good to see Seagull Wedgee doing a preverbial backflip this afternoon.
If anyone else wishes to backtrack from comments made yesterday evening/this morning, it's as good a time as any.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here