Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The Brexiteer plan is unfolding.

Make ridiculous demands to Brussels, they reject them as pure fantasy, then demonise the EU in an attempt to get public support for a hard Brexit.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The Brexiteer plan is unfolding.

Make ridiculous demands to Brussels, they reject them as pure fantasy, then demonise the EU in an attempt to get public support for a hard Brexit.

Basically. If it wasn't for those meddling Johnny Foreigner's we'd have gotten away with it too, etc.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Really? There is already plenty of support for 'hard' Brexit even amongst Remainers.

I just see plenty of support for 'Labour' and the need for change. Brexit will happen - just gonna be a bit different to how the blue rinse Tory brigade imagined. :thumbsup:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I wouldn’t bother JC.
The intricacies of Mr Hannan are lost on most remainers as they simply like to extrapolate a few words and fit them to their agenda.
When he talks of a new free trade agreement with the EU(as he often does) and absolutely no one is talking about threatening our place in the single market, they see that as him saying we should stay as members of the single market. The first question they should be asking which they never do is why if you remain as members of the single market are you seeking a new trade agreement with it anyway…ummm you don’t need a new trade agreement with it if you stay as members…they cant grasp a new agreement is because we are no longer members of it.

They will usually come back with he mentioned Norway and Switzerland, ergo he wants us to be the same as Norway or Switzerland……and take that out of context as well.

He was very clear when he wrote about those two.(before the referendum)

“Sheesh, europhiles, how many times? No British Eurosceptic is suggesting that we precisely mimic Norway’s relationship with the EU. Norway’s deal is better than full membership; Switzerland’s is better than Norway’s; but the United Kingdom, being a larger market, as well as an existing member, can expect better terms than either.”
………
“The Britain Stronger in Europe (BSE) campaign has latched onto a new tactic: to pretend that the only alternative to EU membership is Norway, and then line up some Norwegian Eurozealots to pooh-pooh that option.”

“So, to summarise, Norway has a much better deal than the UK, but Switzerland’s is better yet. There is no reason why, after Brexit, we shouldn’t get an even more attractive arrangement. We are 65 million people to Norway’s five million and Switzerland’s eight million. We run a massive trade deficit with the EU (but a surplus with the rest of the world).”

“To be clear, both Norway and Switzerland are inspiring, beautiful, freedom-loving countries”
……………………...”Their deal with the EU would be a big improvement on where we are now; but we can realistically expect to do far, far better.”

Full Article
https://www.conservativehome.com/th...er-but-we-could-do-even-better-than-that.html

Its astonishing how many of them quote Hannan and spread their echo chamber out of context quotes but never obviously bother to read his full transcripts………….when you are desperate I suppose you will cling onto anything.

Doesn’t matter how many times you write his line….
“Repeat after me. Single market membership and single market access are not the same thing.”
There are a bunch of remainers that still dont get it and are still perplexed by this obvious fact

All I have been saying is that he advocated an arrangement akin to that of an EEA member state, as you seem to agree with here. He wants full access to the single market in the way that Norway and Switzerland have, this is definitely possible, but I guarantee you it comes with free movement of labour and submission to the ECJ in certain areas.
This apparently is not Brexit enough for twunts like you though.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Sadly that goes without saying and the impending disaster that will follow them throughout

Maybe. Shouldn't have voted Brexit last year then perhaps, and just voted for more of the same. 'We couldn't carry on as we were'. Time for change then. Corbyn seems very popular and like him or not - hes different. :thumbsup:

We need a different PM.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I just see plenty of support for 'Labour' and the need for change. Brexit will happen - just gonna be a bit different to how the blue rinse Tory brigade imagined. :thumbsup:

Labour is deliberately being vague over Brexit. They can see its spiraling into a mess, they are waiting for their moment to make political capital from the situation, it won't be hard. This really could be the end of the Tory party

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
All I have been saying is that he advocated an arrangement akin to that of an EEA member state, as you seem to agree with here. He wants full access to the single market in the way that Norway and Switzerland have, this is definitely possible, but I guarantee you it comes with free movement of labour and submission to the ECJ in certain areas.
This apparently is not Brexit enough for twunts like you though.

Your ability to put your side was lost the minute you resorted to personnel insults. Always the sign of losing an argument and this appears to be apparent with most remainers who post on this thread.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Maybe. Shouldn't have voted Brexit last year then perhaps, and just voted for more of the same. 'We couldn't carry on as we were'. Time for change then. Corbyn seems very popular and like him or not - hes different. :thumbsup:

We need a different PM.

Think you'll find more labour supported Brexit or it was very even in numbers. Your be begging for a change if he ever made in into No10. Tax rise/interest rise united will see plenty lose there homes

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
As in even more chaotic. What is the current Labour policy on Brexit?

Fluid. Non-committal. Open. Everything on the table. Honest on immigration. Don't be xenophobic. Negotiations. What do people want - not what Paul Dcare wants? Pragmatic. #whatamess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here