Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Absolutely gagging for a striker.....

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8047057 said:
Defoe is a physically far superior athlete to Glenn which is what he's referring to. I assume you're in jest though! :dunce:

Yep. Lazy Glenn and all that. I get it.

Nope its the assertion out of nowhere by OP that Glenn is at the "very end of his career" . Is he ? Really ?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is Glenn going to be suspended for the City game?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8047081 said:
I love Glenn, but he's definitely in his twilight years. Having said that he's never had any pace and he certainly has the nous to score goals in the Premier League.

Oh i dunno ...marvellous pacey run, the length of the pitch at Birmingham last season :whistle:

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
If Murray at the very end of his career at 33, then where does that leave Defoe who is 13 months older than poor old Glenn.
And why is the picked upon and Reading target Tomer Hemed "less mobile than last year" . Is that because he's er, turned 30 over the summer ?
Agreed that Sammy Baldock is still injury prone. Poor lad.

Quick someone tell Usain Bolt he still has a few years left in him yet at 30, Michael Johnson was winning gold when he was in his early 30's.

Defoe is a different athlete to GM. Hemed is unlikely to get quicker as he gets older.

I haven't picked on Hemed, I think he will do alright for us this year, but you can't stop him getting another year older. My point is we need strikers, if we don't get them this season we will need at least 2 next year for the championship so we might as well get them this year and increase our chances of staying up. Goals win games.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
My point is we need strikers, if we don't get them this season we will need at least 2 next year for the championship so we might as well get them this year and increase our chances of staying up. Goals win games.

Don't worry as we have been Premier League ready for a number of years now and to quote Mr Barber back in February,that he has been planning for our being in the Premier League since that date, because he goes on to say that "If you start planning in May you will be in trouble" So if he says we will be ready, then he has already got a striker or two lined up to give us a chance of staying up.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Don't worry as we have been Premier League ready for a number of years now and to quote Mr Barber back in February,that he has been planning for our being in the Premier League since that date, because he goes on to say that "If you start planning in May you will be in trouble" So if he says we will be ready, then he has already got a striker or two lined up to give us a chance of staying up.

Errr...

I'll believe it when I see it, thank you very much...

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I think that when the games start and we start shipping goals there will be a bit of a change of emphasis to defensive cover in midfield and who needs replacing at the back. There is nothing more demoralising than letting in goals whatever quality of attacker you are. Wonder strikes and wonder goals will be no good if we are 3 down !!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think that when the games start and we start shipping goals there will be a bit of a change of emphasis to defensive cover in midfield and who needs replacing at the back. There is nothing more demoralising than letting in goals whatever quality of attacker you are. Wonder strikes and wonder goals will be no good if we are 3 down !!

Similarly, a lot of pressure on a team and defence, if your team lacks goals. Knowing that to leak a goal first and that's an uphill struggle in a match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here