Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Have managed to get 3 teams together despite many sick notes and a few doing something called work. I'll turn up early and register the 3 teams and then wait near registration with a Blue Seagulls flag as identification. 6.45 should be good meeting time. It says 7pm start but I'm expecting queues at registration and delayed start.

The super ego team is [MENTION=30744]Pembury[/MENTION] [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] + one super fast ringer from big nuts

The ego team is @Greg Bobkin [MENTION=24975]St Leonards Seagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] @Gypsy King

The wooden spoon team is +1 slow ringer [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION] [MENTION=1508]BenElton'sBrother[/MENTION] @knocky1

The runners in bold did it last year so each can be team captain. Duties to explain course and have final say in running order if team can't work it out themselves. All dog leg runners going last have the hardest run. I put forward A team the ringer, B team St Leonards Seagull and Knocky for team C.

Let me know if you can't make it on the day or you'll let 3 runners down.

Here's the link http://brightonsports.co.uk/the-weakest-link-relay-run

Good organisation. If the Concorde isn't open then nearest pubs are the Volks West, Wetherspoons Marina East or Bristol Bar North.

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
Well done Ninja. South Downs marathon today was roasting - not really any other word for it. Lovely surroundings though and great to see a load of running pals. Kept the sub-5 marathon trend going (today was my 10th) with a 4.59 [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Respect for doing that in the heat.[emoji122]

I skipped a park run because I thought it was too hot .... Now I feel such a wimp!
😳

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Have managed to get 3 teams together despite many sick notes and a few doing something called work. I'll turn up early and register the 3 teams and then wait near registration with a Blue Seagulls flag as identification. 6.45 should be good meeting time. It says 7pm start but I'm expecting queues at registration and delayed start.

The super ego team is [MENTION=30744]Pembury[/MENTION] [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] + one super fast ringer from big nuts

The ego team is @Greg Bobkin [MENTION=24975]St Leonards Seagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] @Gypsy King

The wooden spoon team is +1 slow ringer [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION] [MENTION=1508]BenElton'sBrother[/MENTION] [B [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION][/B]

The runners in bold did it last year so each can be team captain. Duties to explain course and have final say in running order if team can't work it out themselves. All dog leg runners going last have the hardest run. I put forward A team the ringer, B team St Leonards Seagull and Knocky for team C.

Let me know if you can't make it on the day or you'll let 3 runners down.

Here's the link http://brightonsports.co.uk/the-weakest-link-relay-run

Great stuff, thanks for organising.

It's going to be warm on Wednesday so bring some water everyone and don't forget it's £2 each - [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] shouldn't have to ask us for the money. Looking forward to it - going to be loads of teams- team kit presumably something Albion related.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Respect for doing that in the heat.[emoji122]

I skipped a park run because I thought it was too hot .... Now I feel such a wimp!
😳

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Ha ha, cheers! It's a bit stupid really - hottest day of the year and running a mara? Bonkers!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well done Ninja. South Downs marathon today was roasting - not really any other word for it. Lovely surroundings though and great to see a load of running pals. Kept the sub-5 marathon trend going (today was my 10th) with a 4.59 [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Outstanding running! 9 miles up there at very early o'clock was enough for me today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
runthrough.jpg

Anyone eager to get this Bling???

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Tried to run 10 miles this morning. Absolutely died on my arse.....way too hot.

Strange I ran 10 miles at 7am and felt fine but ran 4.5 yesterday at 7:45 and was blowing out of my arse.

I slowed the pace today by around 30 seconds per mile but never felt uncomfortable.

It's going to be hot Wednesday so I'd rather steer clear of replica tops. I've got a blue vest which is Albionish.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Strange I ran 10 miles at 7am and felt fine but ran 4.5 yesterday at 7:45 and was blowing out of my arse.

I slowed the pace today by around 30 seconds per mile but never felt uncomfortable.

It's going to be hot Wednesday so I'd rather steer clear of replica tops. I've got a blue vest which is Albionish.

I''ll be in blue as well. Ran Hove Prom yesterday with a cotton beanie soaked under the cold water tap prior to kick off. It was brilliant . Cool but not cool so to speak.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Final call. Just been to register all 3 teams to cut out us flaffing about on the evening. Vest numbers are with us. Don't wear your new Brighton shirt, unless you're happy to put safety pins through it. They want to start at 7pm but expecting a fair bit of flaffing about. So see you all around 6:45. Anyone with a last minute hitch better let us know by posting on this thread. They are expecting at least 300 runners and ready for up to 400. That's it from me till Wednesday unless someone pulls out.............

The ego team is [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] [MENTION=24975]St Leonards Seagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] @Gypsy King

The wooden spoon team is +1 slow ringer [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION] [MENTION=1508]BenElton'sBrother[/MENTION] [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION]

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Final call. Just been to register all 3 teams to cut out us flaffing about on the evening. Vest numbers are with us. Don't wear your new Brighton shirt, unless you're happy to put safety pins through it. They want to start at 7pm but expecting a fair bit of flaffing about. So see you all around 6:45. Anyone with a last minute hitch better let us know by posting on this thread. They are expecting at least 300 runners and ready for up to 400. That's it from me till Wednesday unless someone pulls out.............

The ego team is [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] [MENTION=24975]St Leonards Seagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] @Gypsy King

The wooden spoon team is +1 slow ringer [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION] [MENTION=1508]BenElton'sBrother[/MENTION] [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION]

Great - do we need to bring our own safety pins as per the joining instructions?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Cheers Gaffer, see you then. Hope my legs feel better that they did this morning on my little 3.6-mile trot...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here