Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Good for you
Makes your original comment
"Better than being right-wing, Empire, patriotic immigrant controller jumping out Tory now though. Tally Ho
where you clearly say being patriotic is a negative thing.....even odder though

I was pi55ed and it came across a bit random when I commented. Have a good night.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Surely as important is where the 'money' is coming from. An increase in CT combined with a min wage increase, will many firms be able to incorporate both to provide funds quoted?

Fair question that. An increase in CT should be ok I'd have thought as it was higher before and business went on.
I'm no economist but I'd have thought that the min wage increase is a much bigger issue for those who employ unskilled or lower skilled workers (which, presumably, is a large proportion of medium-sized companies)

It's often the case the party expected to win keeps it as vague as possible but they should have been more open while the party likely to lose (badly) promises the earth. I think we roughly know what we are getting with the Tories (good and bad).

It was the historical Lib Dem position I recall. Until they thrust the party into shared government and found they couldn't keep any of their promises.
My biggest problem with the Tory manifesto and subsequent talk is not ruling out a tax or NI increase.
But if I was a Labour supporter, I'd be viewing many of Corbyn's promises with a cynical eye rather than cheering blinkeredly.

If only this was the debate going into the final few days of campaigning. Rather than the inevitable terror talk that will now dominate.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
from the lips of Peter Kyle this evening in front of a packed hustings the Tories have an 11 point lead in the polls & there is NO way that Corbyn will be PM this week.

Perhaps a clever line to get people to vote for the candidate rather than the Leader. Did the Corbynista's boo and throw things at him?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I completely agree that online content can create terrorist problems - and it is quite obvious that the internet is a vital tool for all people, including terrorists. However "regulating" or censoring the internet will only take rights away from regular people. With just a few clicks of the mouse, terrorists can create a VPN or other anonymous and untraceable networks. No level of internet regulation will ever change that.

Either Theresa May and the Conservatives (and possibly yourself too) are extremely ignorant when it comes to internet technology, or it is simply their agenda of taking our civil liberties away - you decide. Either way, this agenda is terrifying and would be incredibly destructive if enforced.

We are not talking about the terrorists who are using the internet using all the untraceable dark arts or high end encryption here are we though, that is down to the security services to combat those people. May was talking about the regular internet where some moron who is easily influenced is rubbing his pork sword watching the latest Jihadi video or call to arms from a sympathiser. You should try and not confuse the two.

The "agenda" is not terryfying at all. You dont even know what the exact measures would be. What is worrying is to continue to let this vile propaganda be easily accessible to any Tom, Dick and Muhammad that might be inspired to pick up a knife or hire a van

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It was the historical Lib Dem position I recall. Until they thrust the party into shared government and found they couldn't keep any of their promises.
My biggest problem with the Tory manifesto and subsequent talk is not ruling out a tax or NI increase.
But if I was a Labour supporter, I'd be viewing many of Corbyn's promises with a cynical eye rather than cheering blinkeredly.

If only this was the debate going into the final few days of campaigning. Rather than the inevitable terror talk that will now dominate.

Ruling them out would be a mistake in my opinion who knows what economic circumstances we will be in as we exit the EU. Maximum flexibility is the safer course of action. If they did rule them out it would only mean numerous stealth taxes.

Perhaps a clever line to get people to vote for the candidate rather than the Leader. Did the Corbynista's boo and throw things at him?

That was my thinking process initially but Kyle was brutally honest & is relying on his personal likeable factor. I don't think he is desperate to retain his job. He clearly has something else lined up if not successful & doesnt believe another Labour MP like now will win along the coast. It is a lonely job being the only red dot for miles upon miles & when you are at odds with the Labour hierarchy. His goal is clearly to try & retain his seat & for the Corbynists to move on after the election & rebuild a New New Labour!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Ruling them out would be a mistake in my opinion who knows what economic circumstances we will be in as we exit the EU. Maximum flexibility is the safer course of action. If they did rule them out it would only mean numerous stealth taxes.

You make a persuasive argument and a more coherent one than that espoused by a certain Tory cabinet minister yesterday :thumbsup:
I can barely afford to live as it is though so any increase and I'm fooked.
Momentum wouldn't allow Corbyn to raise on the me's of this world which is why, for personal finances, he's the safer choice for those just above the waterline.
Whether he's the safest choice for the nation's purse is a different matter of course.

I've enjoyed our discussion, cheers.

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
You do spout a lot of old tripe at times. Nick Griffin is 'far right' May and the Tories can be rightly criticised for many things but they aren't the loony fringe like Corbyn and his fellow travellers.

I suppose it depends on your definition of "far right". For me, policies which involve privatisation of the health service, over 1m users of food banks pa, escalating child poverty, rising hate crime, etc is a good starting point for "far right". Casual racism, pandering to UKIP, protecting the rich (whilst not giving a f*ck for the poor)....that's what the Tory party under Theresa May has become.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
That was my thinking process initially but Kyle was brutally honest & is relying on his personal likeable factor. I don't think he is desperate to retain his job. He clearly has something else lined up if not successful & doesnt believe another Labour MP like now will win along the coast. It is a lonely job being the only red dot for miles upon miles & when you are at odds with the Labour hierarchy. His goal is clearly to try & retain his seat & for the Corbynists to move on after the election & rebuild a New New Labour!

It's funny I have always voted government/party over likeability/competence of the candidate but numerous people on NSC seem to prioritise the opposite. I think he knows deep down Corbyn has already over performed from a very low expectation and is here to stay. Expect many years in the wilderness for Labour or a possible split.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It's often the case the party expected to win keeps it as vague as possible but they should have been more open while the party likely to lose (badly) promises the earth. I think we roughly know what we are getting with the Tories (good and bad).

Roughly is the word, given no one knows what the cap on the dementia tax will be, and despite numerous straight forward questions we still don't know.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You make a persuasive argument and a more coherent one than that espoused by a certain Tory cabinet minister yesterday :thumbsup:
I can barely afford to live as it is though so any increase and I'm fooked.
Momentum wouldn't allow Corbyn to raise on the me's of this world which is why, for personal finances, he's the safer choice for those just above the waterline.
Whether he's the safest choice for the nation's purse is a different matter of course.

I've enjoyed our discussion, cheers.

Enjoyed it too, makes a pleasant change to discuss politics with someone who has an open mind and a realistic perspective. Not wishing to seem arrogant but I think even I could have run the Tory campaign more competently than the overpaid muppets at Conservative HQ. Finishing off Corbyn = shooting fish in a barrell.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Roughly is the word, given no one knows what the cap on the dementia tax will be, and despite numerous straight forward questions we still don't know.

That maybe true but surely you realise a vote for Corbyn is a far more dangerous leap in the dark.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I suppose it depends on your definition of "far right". For me, policies which involve privatisation of the health service, over 1m users of food banks pa, escalating child poverty, rising hate crime, etc is a good starting point for "far right". Casual racism, pandering to UKIP, protecting the rich (whilst not giving a f*ck for the poor)....that's what the Tory party under Theresa May has become.

It does yours is woefully inaccurate.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here