Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

worth a read if you planning on going on the pitch on saturday

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Missed the Wigan game on hols.
But completely respect and agree with this request and think a second pitch invasion would be uncalled for.
Watching on TV, it was the spontaneity and utter joy that made the Wigan encroachment so perfect.

gutted I missed it, but will happily be staying in the North stand on Saturday.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If we all appreciate and respect TB and the players, keep off the pitch.

IF that last bit is true about the FA making themselves busy then it would be a good idea to stay off this time and it'll be swept under the carpet, if we do it again the fences will come back up (only joking but we could do without them sticking their beaks in).

A more realistic penalty may be an increase in the number of stewards and we don't want that.

I'm all for a pitch invasion, love a pitch invasion, but usually it's a sign of celebratory relief, and for that reason the objective has been met.

(IMO) not winning on Saturday will be like a punch up at a Wedding but once the perpetrators have been removed we can get back to Come On Eileen with no real harm done

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
On the basis that I'm in the upper tier this Saturday, I'm inclined to abide by the request.

Really glad I was lower tier for the Wigan game, though. What a great experience that was!

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Would be tinpot a second time, first one was fun though even sat in the dugout for a bit.

Pitch invasions often happen when a team gets promoted but not for lifting a trophy
No prem side that has won the title has ever had the celebrations spoilt by a pitch invasion when they've lifted the trophy on the pitch, like you say (don't like the word,but) it would make us look "Tinpot"
Think if some did it,it could backfire as the vast majority I feel would boo and heckle them off as we all want to see the players do a lap of honour and they deserve the chance to do it

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Think that is fair enough.
Agreed.

Don't like the last sentence much:
"Albion have been asked by the FA for their observations following the pitch invasion following victory over Wigan Athletic, including preventative measures taken by the club to avoid such an occurrence."

The FA can do one - what harm was done? And are they going to target every team that wins promotion?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I thought the poorly worded attempt to bully fans before the Wigan game got exactly what it deserved! It was ignored...and rightly so.

But the latest missive has been couched in far more reasonable terms and it is right that we, the fans, have had our moment. There is no need to go onto the pitch again. It is the players' day on Saturday; we've had our go.

Two pitch invasions is going to attract more FA attention, and possible sanctions. Is it worth it? I think not.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Hopefully we can bring drinks to our seats after the game?

That would have been a great move by the club.

They could have said that there would be a 30 minute intermission between the final whistle and lifting the cup, enabling any fans who wanted to purchase drinks to do so and bring them back to the seats.

Make some ££ and keep people off the pitch and at the bars.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here