Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pray silence for Her Majesty The Queen

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
At the risk of stating the obvious, I never took your advice when you were posting anti-semitic truther nonsense as The Truth, Hybrid_X or any of your other banned incarnations so I'm unlikely to start now.

Ah so he is/ was that lot too.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Nope. Can't be arsed to think.

I know the feeling.
[MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION] has frequented the Brexit threads with posts relating to the plight of the poor/disenfranchised. But I have yet to hear a convincing explanation as to why he (you) are on the same voting side as the Tory establishment, Big Business, Banks etc.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I know the feeling.
[MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION] has frequented the Brexit threads with posts relating to the plight of the poor/disenfranchised. But I have yet to hear a convincing explanation as to why he (you) are on the same voting side as the Tory establishment, Big Business, Banks etc.
Are you trying to say that I am HT and myself? Oh, and that both of us vote Tory despite having a social conscience and trying to champion those that even Mrs May says " Have been left behind "?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know the feeling.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_democracy

"Social democracy is a political, social and economic ideology that supports economic and social interventions to promote social justice within the framework of a capitalist economy; and a policy regime involving collective bargaining arrangements, a commitment to representative democracy, measures for income redistribution, regulation of the economy in the general interest and welfare state provisions."

This should help you understand.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Are you trying to say that I am HT and myself? Oh, and that both of us vote Tory despite having a social conscience and trying to champion those that even Mrs May says " Have been left behind "?

No, just saying you were both on the same side as the Tory establishment, big business, banks, numerous vested interests etc during the referendum.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_democracy

"Social democracy is a political, social and economic ideology that supports economic and social interventions to promote social justice within the framework of a capitalist economy; and a policy regime involving collective bargaining arrangements, a commitment to representative democracy, measures for income redistribution, regulation of the economy in the general interest and welfare state provisions."

This should help you understand.

Not really. How has our EU membership facilitated income redistribution exactly? Also, see enforced grinding austerity on southern EU member states with eye-watering misery and suffering many times greater than in the UK.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No, just saying you were both on the same side as the Tory establishment, big business, banks, numerous vested interests etc during the referendum.

I've no doubt I'm on the same side as people with an opposing ideology or two in any vote. If I was to suggest you were on the same side as a murder you'd rightly condemn me...but hopefully understand my point.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I've no doubt I'm on the same side as people with an opposing ideology or two in any vote. If I was to suggest you were on the same side as a murder you'd rightly condemn me...but hopefully understand my point.

Not quite the same as individuals or even the odd extreme group having a different perspective/ideology though is it. The entire capitalist, global 'consumerism is king' elite were lined up behind you and patting you on the back. This didn't give you pause for thought?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not quite the same as individuals or even the odd extreme group having a different perspective/ideology though is it. The entire capitalist, global 'consumerism is king' elite were lined up behind you and patting you on the back. This didn't give you pause for thought?

Nonsense. This article alone disproves "entire"

"EU referendum: More than 300 business leaders back a Brexit"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...more-than-300-business-leaders-back-a-brexit/

Can you name any murderers who supported remain though?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Aux contraire, I am MOST CERTAINLY NOT on the side of the Tory establishment... However, when Mrs May creates a society that encourages and supports " Those Left Behind./ Just About Managing " I might reconsider this position.....but I'm not expecting to have to do that.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Aux contraire, I am MOST CERTAINLY NOT on the side of the Tory establishment... However, when Mrs May creates a society that encourages and supports " Those Left Behind./ Just About Managing " I might reconsider this position.....but I'm not expecting to have to do that.

I agree, it is very unlikely PM May will really create a society that encourages and supports " Those Left Behind./ Just About Managing " but that doesn't address the point ... those with a vested interset in screwing the poor /disenfranchised were overwhelmingly in favour of sustaining the status quo. Which should, perhaps, tell you something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here