Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansea

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
WTF
I'm on 305 LP's. ST holder for years. All away games this season, not for points but to follow my team. Two thirds of away for last 4 seasons or so. If the points keep going up higher than the points awarded I'm in trouble and may miss out on Old Trafford or Anfield despite going to the minor games.
PS Flying out on holiday Tuesday (well planned, eh) so I'm the guy on my laptop at 9:00 and it's my name being called for my plane at 10:00

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
This is possible but I do not believe every single game will sell out on the 2nd and/or 3rd tiers. And this is all that is needed for someone to bump up their pointed.

As an aside, beyond checking ID and/or having ticket collection points at away games and also checking ID, I cannot see what else the club can do.

As someone who knows people in the third tiers, they arent getting close to the second tier bracket. One was 2 points away, they are now something like 17 behind the cut off.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
WTF
I'm on 305 LP's. ST holder for years. All away games this season, not for points but to follow my team. Two thirds of away for last 4 seasons or so. If the points keep going up higher than the points awarded I'm in trouble and may miss out on Old Trafford or Anfield despite going to the minor games.
PS Flying out on holiday Tuesday (well planned, eh) so I'm the guy on my laptop at 9:00 and it's my name being called for my plane at 10:00

As you are in the Top tier, you are GUARANTEED a ticket. so you have the whole of the first day to choose.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Some people seem to want an away season ticket.

The club tried this and I became a Platinum Member which guaranteed me an away ticket for every game and charged my credit card accordingly and I was automatically sent a ticket. You had to guarantee you would buy for every game.

However, only 30 (thirty) fans did this, so the club dropped the idea, although I still get post free tickets, but I have to apply online like everyone else as soon as they go on sale. Not too much of a problem for me as I have 400+ points.

This is ****ing loyalty people! Anyone moaning about top tiers just buying for the points, maybe consider this?

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
This is why the system needs a massive overhaul.

It encourages top tier to buy every game and then to sell on to randoms if they don't go, after harvesting the points.

Any concept of 'loyalty' is dead. The points should be renamed 'harvest points'.

So, if loyalty is dead, how did anyone get in the top tier...? (I'm not btw)

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Not a chance of closing the gap. They're giving an additional 15 points to those ahead of me basically for already being at the front of the queue. The maximum I can get from 1 game will be that same 15 points, but 3,000 others ahead of me will get 15 points for Arsenal and West Ham, too. It's just fatally flawed and they are again incentivising people to purchase tickets they don't want because there will be plenty who will take them off their hands, so there's not even a financial loss in keeping their place in the queue.

It's almost like the club have no idea how to make the thing work!

So if you really want to go to Swansea, buy one of these. Or do you just want to go to United, Chelsea, Spurs etc...?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
WTF

Schoolboy error, I'm flying out Tuesday but with more foresight have an evening flight so I can nap a Swansea ticket in the morning

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
As someone who knows people in the third tiers, they arent getting close to the second tier bracket. One was 2 points away, they are now something like 17 behind the cut off.

But only due to Swansea having a lower capacity, time to judge is the Huddersfield away game

Claude samdamme

Mar 8, 2014
The points awarded bit is what's broken.

At the start of the season, I was just outside the tier 2 level but couldn't go to Leicester and Watford. I have been to both Carabao cup games and scraped up to 235 points. This was the second tier level for Arsenal, but they were sold out before I got the points. West Ham was 237, so I just miss out by 2 points. The top 2 levels are now, most likely, unachievable having been so close.

So that's it for this season. No League away games (Newcastle the only remote chance I reckon) and I'll be comfortably 100 points or more away from the second tier by Christmas.

Similar one for me - I made it to 239 for West Ham tickets but my brother is on 235 so didn't have enough. Now that gap is going to keep getting bigger and have the choice to go to away games alone (yay) or drop out and not get tickets for anything.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
As you are in the Top tier, you are GUARANTEED a ticket. so you have the whole of the first day to choose.

Yes, but up to this game I was always well within the top tier with plenty of points to spare.
Now I'm only 4 points up. If for Liecester away I was 20 points above (which I think I was), and I've been to every game I should, in theory, still be 20 points above the top tier cut off.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
This is definitely a hike in points. I started this season in tier 2 but after Leicester have been in tier 1 ever since (having been to all games). Now I'm suddenly 14 points off tier 1 for Swansea. Is that purely down to capacity because I had assumed if I got in tier 1 and continued to go to all the always I'd remain in tier 1?

Lower number of tickets available - they'll be sizing the categories proportionally you should see tier 1 levels drop down for games where we get 3k tocmets

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I have a feeling there will, very shortly, be an update from the club on the loyalty point system and abuse.

So, the kangaroo court has already sat and decided it was all the fans' fault, and not a singular error of judgment on the Club's part by offering £1 a point?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Yes, but up to this game I was always well within the top tier with plenty of points to spare.
Now I'm only 4 points up. If for Liecester away I was 20 points above (which I think I was), and I've been to every game I should, in theory, still be 20 points above the top tier cut off.

Again, there are less.tocksts available here than there were for Leicester so it isn't surprising g the tiers are smaller

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here