Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] The Friday night "yet another top 2 clash tomorrow" drinking thread

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Just finished eating.....I cooked her a nice bit of sea bass cooked in a foil parcel with a squidgin of lemon, white wine, fennel seeds, olive oil and a little butter, accompanied by "smashed" new potatoes with grated Comte cheese, butter and shallots and carrots and small broad beans all washed down with a nicely chilled bottle of Puilly Fuisse - pretentieuse moi?????

Is it any wonder Northern Monkey Supporters take the piss out of Brighton Fans? Can't you just see the same thread in Burnley...

Joost finished our snap, we 'ad a reet good steak and kidney pudding with chips and gravy all washed down with a Pint of Mild

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
A bit of a wonderful one tonight. Dinner at the in-laws, roast pheasant, traditional accoutrements. Started on a bottle of Etienne Dumont, then a couple of bottles of a rather nice Merlot from Sainsburys ( I wouldn't normally but the outlaws bought it and it was just lovely) Then a delightful NZ Ned Noble Sauvignon Blanc desert wine with a home made creme brûlée. Followed up with a simple cheese board with a 1983 vintage port, wow, it was superb. Now just sipping on a Bookers bourbon and a cup of coffee.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Let's get back on track then. Not all southerners are lightweight.

Today was complicated for me as I needed to get some work done but also had to get some physical exercise into my day to save my brain.

So! I dropped the nipper off at school, did a bit of work, drove the Mrs to work and then went to the Post Office.

"Why?!" says nobody. "Because I had to pick up my Star Wars jumper of course!" I reply. An unnecessary hour (the c*nt of a postman put the "you weren't in" card through my door without knocking, prick) in the queue later I went to the climbing wall.

Frozen and annoyed I managed an hour and a half of pathetic floundering (see climbing but not very good), drank coffee and chatted with my best mate/brother in law.

On leaving I realised that the only remedy for my already broken body was alcohol.

So, local Wetherspoons two pints of Thatchers. Home.

Wife brought a bottle of Soave from works do, shared that. Back to the pub, three pints of Thatchers, pint of mulled cider, two double honey Jack Daniels, back home.

Pizza. Two bottles of Sauvignon Blanc....

Feel ok actually, thanks for asking. What?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Let's get back on track then. Not all southerners are lightweight.

Today was complicated for me as I needed to get some work done but also had to get some physical exercise into my day to save my brain.

So! I dropped the nipper off at school, did a bit of work, drove the Mrs to work and then went to the Post Office.

"Why?!" says nobody. "Because I had to pick up my Star Wars jumper of course!" I reply. An unnecessary hour (the c*nt of a postman put the "you weren't in" card through my door without knocking, prick) in the queue later I went to the climbing wall.

Frozen and annoyed I managed an hour and a half of pathetic floundering (see climbing but not very good), drank coffee and chatted with my best mate/brother in law.

On leaving I realised that the only remedy for my already broken body was alcohol.

So, local Wetherspoons two pints of Thatchers. Home.

Wife brought a bottle of Soave from works do, shared that. Back to the pub, three pints of Thatchers, pint of mulled cider, two double honey Jack Daniels, back home.

Pizza. Two bottles of Sauvignon Blanc....

Feel ok actually, thanks for asking. What?

:bowdown: I think Two bottles of Sauvignon Blanc...does it for me:p

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'm on the (non alcoholic) ginger beer now. As it's pre 23.00 I considered going back to the pub but I have to drive the sprog to cricket training tomorrow... I can be sensible, occasionally.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Several" glasses of a rather nice Macon Villages burgundy with dinner (well, it is my birthday).

Cheers, and an advanced Merry Christmas to you all :drink:

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Been on red, then the white, then the vin santo. Saying goodbye to my friend who took his life earlier this week. Hope the Albion can help numb the pain.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Is it any wonder Northern Monkey Supporters take the piss out of Brighton Fans? Can't you just see the same thread in Burnley...

Joost finished our snap, we 'ad a reet good steak and kidney pudding with chips and gravy all washed down with a Pint of Mild

Yes, I think I'll have to move north. How much was that house in Burnley again?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I suddenly knew, that my life meant nothing at all...

Fantastic memories. Who knew they still existed?

They were brilliant last night, it was a giant love in for 500 pissed up Mancs.

The lime and soda was free too as they thought I was a designated driver.

Now have to choose between seeing them again tonight or The Damned.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Scrubbed up well last night, 4 x Harveys and a bottle of white with a curry in the Mahaan

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here