Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup- bank holiday petition!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wouldn’t happen in Germany

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
No. Everyone should be at work or sacked.

I am on holiday by the way.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I only want a bank holiday if it allows me to dance on an ambulance and get my baps out of the boys.

That should get everyone back to work.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
As the petition runs to 29th December, I'll sign it on Tuesday if we win on the Sunday, assuming I've sobered up by then.

I wonder when parliament will have the time to discuss making Monday 16th July 2018 a public holiday. Hopefully before Christmas.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
We (the people) don't need a bank holiday. It'll never happen anyway. We just need a mass movement to phone in sick.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
How could the government announce at 7pm on Sunay that the next day is a public holiday? What if you are a small business and you have things that desperately need doing the next day and need your staff in? It's completely unfeasible

Have a celebration day and a bus parade with the trophy a few weeks later and make that a public holiday. That would be great.

Let's not get carried away though, this is England, deep down we all know what is going to happen...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
As [MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION] said, the government can't just 'announce' that it will be a public holiday the next day – that's just stupid and unworkable.

If England win the World Cup – and IF whoever announces that there will be a BH – surely the date to celebrate that fact would be, y'know, the day they won? As in the 15th July? It's a bloody ridiculous idea IMO – honouring the day that a country won a world cup with a day off. If that was the case, why isn't there one already on whatever day they won in 1966?

I think the whole idea is embarrassing and (as much as I hate the term) tinpot.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
A Monday off work if they win the world cup? So three lie-ins for the three Lions?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here