Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Sky Reporting Corbyn paid to spy on Britain

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
No, Just waited for Corbyns response to come down hard on the press and send out a video to news stations and papers. Not a tweet, a video so that he cannot be challenged or asked questions. he's still not answered any questions on his meetings with the so called spies and his reaction to close down the freedom of the press, because he doesn't like what they are reporting appears to be very Stalinist to me and not at all with his muted oposition to such regimes. Jeremy doesn't react well under pressure, does he.

He's too busy suing Tory MP's for their baseless lies.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Well yeah, but I see Ben Bradley hasn't responded yet.

You and I won't change our position, but i'm sure a number of journalists and editors will have done last night. Probably the biggest mistake he's made to date, but there will be more as he is starting to demonstrate patterns in his behaviour. He is extremely controlling and does not take criticism easily, he has a personal achilles heel and it will be exploited. He's had the best of it now.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Not sure if its his biggest mistake yet, when the whole story about him is bollocks. You seem pretty desperate to cling on to it. I would suggest the idiot calling him a spy, on information that everybody says is bullshit has made the big mistake.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
You and I won't change our position, but i'm sure a number of journalists and editors will have done last night. Probably the biggest mistake he's made to date, but there will be more as he is starting to demonstrate patterns in his behaviour. He is extremely controlling and does not take criticism easily, he has a personal achilles heel and it will be exploited. He's had the best of it now.

You sound like someone who's trying to convince themselves that the sky is infact green.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Not sure if its his biggest mistake yet, when the whole story about him is bollocks. You seem pretty desperate to cling on to it. I would suggest the idiot calling him a spy, on information that everybody says is bullshit has made the big mistake.

Its no longer about the story, its about his reaction, its moved on and he has not played it well.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011

I'm not sure it's much of a mistake. Corbyn doesn't want to get embroiled with a tit-for-tat dialogue with certain newspapers, reason being is that whatever he says they will either spin or omit. Can you see the Mail or Express sitting down for an honest chat and it being amicable?

It would be a lose-lose, true the papers will say that he's running scared. I think it's more probable that with the speed of news cycles Corbyn realises (or those around him do) that it would only reheat the story, currently there's nothing new that the Mail and co can add.

Using video on facebook acknowledges a couple of things. The first is that he's cutting out the traditional media (something Trump did and does) and this has proved very successful for Corbyn. His support is largely driven on new media. Secondly it means he owns the story and the narrative.

The general election was a bit of an eye opener for the Sun, in years past it was always able to mobilise and influence its readership, hence successive Govts used to woo it. The last election saw this evaporate, plenty of Sun readers voted against the line the paper took. This is possibly due to newspapers losing their influence over their readers. Social media is far more effective and the lack of a collapse of the Labour vote was put, in part, down to this.

What would irk the Mail more, giving it an exclusive interview or playing ball (thus setting a precedent). Or countering the story on a platform they have little influence on and in many ways is a direct rival?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
James O'Brien

"I'm more interested in what was said when Theresa May had a private dinner with the editor of the Daily Mail than when Jeremy Corbyn had a cup of tea at the House of Commons with a discredited spy."

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Perhaps they should ask the Czech PM about StB informers.Perhaps he could clear up the matter?Apparently,he had good contacts,before becoming a billionaire off the Common Agriculture Policy.No wonder he loves the EU!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Perhaps they should ask the Czech PM about StB informers.Perhaps he could clear up the matter?Apparently,he had good contacts,before becoming a billionaire off the Common Agriculture Policy.No wonder he loves the EU!

Apparently? According to the same bloke who says Corbyn was a spy, and that he was responsible for Live aid.
You do understand the difference between allegation and truth yeah?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here