Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I got caught in 2 minds as to whether to wait for the temperature to go up or go out before the rain came. In the end I got cold and wet but managed a steady 13 miles. Runs like that make dry January a real slog. I could destroy a Harvey's right now

Makes me glad I don't take part in that little ritual, my run in the cold and wet today was just the thing for clearing my head of the two large G&T's I had last night :)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Done it a couple of times already [emoji23][emoji23]
I know you have - I'm only messing. I'm only doing it for the medal...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
13 miles for me this morning.
Longest run since dropping out of SDW50 with stomach cramps.

Cambrils half marathon at end of February.

JoePrecious

Mar 3, 2009
A good 18 miles today - ahead of my plan for Manchester. Can't believe how cold it got in the snow when we were looping round the outside of Crystal Palace Park.

My chest was still glowing red an hour after I got home it was sol cold, and that was under two layers!

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
A great rainy 13 miles for me this afternoon.. well behind in my running with only a few weeks until Brecon - Cardiff run ..it’s gonna be a proper slog! Need to pull that finger out me thinks. At least I remembered the Vaseline today!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Been following this all week. Absolutely, totally, mental. Race was suspended on Thurs due to 50mph+ winds, -20 deg windchill and zero visibility but other than that they just cracked on. Final finisher came in today. Pennine Way, Derbyshire to the Scottish Borders, 268 miles non stop.
[MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] - one of the Sussex Trail Events guys (Chris) did this last year.

https://www.facebook.com/TheSpineRace/videos/1801075476646806/

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
A great rainy 13 miles for me this afternoon.. well behind in my running with only a few weeks until Brecon - Cardiff run ..it’s gonna be a proper slog! Need to pull that finger out me thinks. At least I remembered the Vaseline today!

Maybe you've been running too Caerphilly too much. :lolol:

Looks a good 45 miler.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Paying the price for downhill running on tired legs. £40 to Jesus on Thursday. Despite gentle jogging downhills yesterday the semimembranous part of hamstring supporting the dodgy knee from a few days earlier got slightly sore and needs some work. Legs will enjoy a few days rest and doesn't seem too serious.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
First race of the year for me yesterday. A nice flat 10k along the waterfront with absolutely perfect conditions, apart from a small icy patch which we had to tip-toe over. I managed to finish in 39.30 which I'm delighted with. Very little achiness and soreness in my legs. A good sign as I start to ramp up the marathon training runs this week.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
A busy weekend for me. Did Hove Park Park Run on Saturday as I was down at my Mums. Got a PB of 24.59 58.57% . Only my 8th park run and as suggested on here a good way to build up faster running for me. I want to try and get sub 24 this year, so guess I will have to do a few more! Going to do Preston Park in a couple of weeks time (pre West Ham). Sunday it was out in a blizzard, and the Worth Way was a little muddy and strewn with massive puddles and loads of other runners. Managed just over 14 miles before finishing back at my gym and a welcome sauna to thaw out!

https://www.strava.com/activities/1368028391

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I am feeling absolutely binned right now. I attempted 4 x 1 mile sprints in as close to 6 minutes per as possible. Away from the Pier I was fine, but coming back from the Marina was brutalised murder and I did 6:37 and 6:38 at absolute top whack.

Tomorrow is a 10 miler at 8 minute milesish and then 7 x 1km sprints on thursday. My only issue is saturdays, which are scheduled to be 40 minute tempo runs. I should really bin off the parkruns, but I just don't want to and I can't see myself being up early enough to do that, and THEN the parkrun.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Jesus fixed me today. I'll be back out at the weekend. TIght sartorius muscle from knee to hip across front of quads. Had never heard of it. Used for movement from side to side, so had probably tightened puddle dodging on the Downs.

http://thewellnessdigest.com/sartorius-muscle-upper-hip-thigh-and-knee-pain/

How's his waiting list now? Was about 2 weeks last time I called.

When I saw him last he mentioned he could show me some gym exercises to strengthen my dodgy upper left leg and the time might have come for that.

In other news I managed a very very slow 3 miles in the worst of Wednesday's gale and am going to attempt something quicker and interval like tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here