Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
How funny. The Tory followers are still trying to be smug after a humiliating, self-inflicted weakening of their and our collective sphincters. Cheers Torys for muddying an already shitsoaked landscape. You had one job - now you've got plenty more. Biggest political facepalm for eons?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The Tory followers are still trying to be smug after a humiliating, self-inflicted weakening of their and our collective sphincters.
Who are they? Don't see many here.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Rather well said!

The good news is of course that the rest of Sussex has retained its senses and remained blue. Not surprising that Brighton has rejected the Conservatives with the city full of students who will support any party that offers them lots of free stuff blah blah blah....

You do realise that [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] isn't a Tory supporter, don't you?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Being reported in Hastings that lots of first time voters were turned away at polling stations despite being on the electoral register.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
For Labour to go from 22% behind in the polls to 2% in two months is amazing progress, highest share of votes since 2001.
If Labour maintain this resurgence and a party like the Libdems could split the Conservative support and take the remain tory vote, we could be looking at a new government in the next election.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Maybe they won't be able to do much of their manifesto, but they will be able to get on with Brexit, and that's more important. Do we need another election getting in the way of that, with no guarantee that we won't have another hung parliament?

Another election would obviously be massively disruptive, a minority Tory government backed up by some crazy religionists should be less disruptive IF MPs from both sides of the divide can accept compromise.

Also would they call an election with the risk of losing even more seats, never mind another hung parliament?!

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Bozza said:
Your leader is perceived as a modern day Jesus (and even shares his initials). You manage to mobilise millions of disaffected young people to come out and vote for him (by promising all the free things). Your opponent is woeful and runs what must be the worst campaign in UK political history. Yet despite all that, you finish a distant second/last in a two horse race.

If I were in that position, I'd probably be trying to pretend I was some sort of victor too.

To be fair in the Jesus myth he didn't have the Murdoch press to contend with. :lolol:

Being reported in Hastings that lots of first time voters were turned away at polling stations despite being on the electoral register.
Being reported that students did not have a clue what free stuff for them actually costs the taxpayers.

Admittedly, only being reported by me.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Rather well said!

The good news is of course that the rest of Sussex has retained its senses and remained blue.

Of course, Sussex has some of the constituencies with the oldest voter base in the country, so of course it'll remain Blue. However, it isn't as blue as it was:

Arundel & South Downs: Lab +11.5% share on last GE
Bognor & Littlehampton: +11.1%
Horsham: +10.2%
Bexhill & Battle: +10.6%
Wealden: +11.3%
Worthing West: +17.5%
Worthing East & Shoreham: +19.8%

So it's still Blue, there's no denying but i think it'll be a bit of a wake up call to the Tories that they'll have to work in the future for their votes. I think it'll be the same for the entire Party, to be honest - complacent got them into this mess, so they have to sort themselves out to prevent any further embarrassment.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For Labour to go from 22% behind in the polls to 2% in two months is amazing progress

Well, no.

You have to question the c22% polls given those polls had the Tories still 8-12% ahead immediately prior to the election. I'd suggest they were wrong all along.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
"Corbyn was filmed on Social Media with Stormzy. It was really cool and that"

Not my quote, but one of Corbyns new student army.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Better than running through a wheat field like a naughty girl.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here