Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland offer

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Really? An expensive vase is an expensive vase, not matter who the owner is. And in this case, the coach doesn't even own the vase!

Think about it. Gus may think he's worth £5M. Oscar may say £3M. Whoever is the manager/head coach, will be a key player in valuing the club's assets.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I certainly don't know what happens at Sunderland, but to think Gus has no say is, well, naive.

so you know he has a say in what Sunderland pay for their players

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Think about it. Gus may think he's worth £5M. Oscar may say £3M. Whoever is the manager/head coach, will be a key player in valuing the club's assets.

You really think the chairman down to the scout don't know enough about football to have a solid price on players heads? They won't get swayed by a new managers view.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You really think the chairman down to the scout don't know enough about football to have a solid price on players heads? They won't get swayed by a new managers view.

I'm sure they all have their opinion. I said Oscar will be a key player in the valuations. Not the one and only valuer.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
When did I say you tell them your MINIMUM price.

Please highlight that part to me.

You didn't, but suggested that it must be the case that the clubs weren't far apart in their bid/valuation. This suggests that you think Sunderland know they only have to raise their £2M bid by a very small amount to secure the deal, i.e. they know that just over £2M is acceptable to Brighton, i.e. they know the minimum valuation. They don't.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Any valuation will have been reevaluated under Oscar.

Wouldn't it have gone down though?
Less time on the contract, has stopped being "irreplaceable" and has had form/injury issues for half a season

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
You didn't, but suggested that it must be the case that the clubs weren't far apart in their bid/valuation. This suggests that you think Sunderland know they only have to raise their £2M bid by a very small amount to secure the deal, i.e. they know that just over £2M is acceptable to Brighton, i.e. they know the minimum valuation. They don't.

And also, can you stop telling me what I'm suggesting in my posts. I'm not suggesting anything close to what you are suggesting I'm suggesting.

I said that it is likely the clubs have the basis of the deal and overall cost pretty much agreed and that is more down to the structure of the deal, ie how much up front, how much over time.

Not even CLOSE to what you SUGGEST I am suggesting.

Not for one MOMENT did I suggest that £2m was the fee. I used the £2m in an example of how transfer negotiations take place. I could have written £8m or £10m or any number I wanted.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Seems odd that you wrote this then

"think you would be a very poor negotiator. IF you are selling, you NEVER give away your min price."

OK. Tony/David would be a VERY poor negotiator IF he let Sunderland know what the minimum acceptable bid would be. Do you agree with that? If not, I'm happy to explain further.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Wouldn't it have gone down though?
Less time on the contract, has stopped being "irreplaceable" and has had form/injury issues for half a season

Quite possibly. Did I say it wouldn't?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
And also, can you stop telling me what I'm suggesting in my posts. I'm not suggesting anything close to what you are suggesting I'm suggesting.

I said that it is likely the clubs have the basis of the deal and overall cost pretty much agreed and that is more down to the structure of the deal, ie how much up front, how much over time.

Not even CLOSE to what you SUGGEST I am suggesting.

Not for one MOMENT did I suggest that £2m was the fee. I used the £2m in an example of how transfer negotiations take place. I could have written £8m or £10m or any number I wanted.

You said "The values won't be far apart at all in my view." You're right, you didn't suggest it, you stated it.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here