Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taking things into the ground

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm more impressed with how many snowflakes are allowed in, on a sunny day in August.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Well the club web site certainly helps

The latest travel and ticket information for fans attending the Amex.

This guide provides detailed information regarding everything Brighton & Hove Albion supporters need to know for a matchday in the Premier League.

The 2017/18 Home Fans' Guide will be published in July 2017.

Not as bad as when went to see Bat out of Hell musical. My wife had her bag searched, and wasn't allowed to take sweets into the show.

But they let Meatloaf onto the stage?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
If, as I presume, it is not permitted to take in bottled water, can they clarify the rule on free drinking water from the concourse bars. Harveys is nice but sometimes a quick swig of water is better.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Always taken a bottle of pepsi in the North. Never had any issues or problems with it.

Maybe the OP was unfortunate enough to encounter a clueless jobsworth steward. Whilst the vast majority of our stewards are very helpful and friendly, you will always get a numpty nutjob somewhere.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
The water bottles thing has been a no-no for a long time. I used to take a spare bottle-top with me when I went to grounds like Southend and Saints where they let you take bottles in but confiscate the bottle tops.

Remember going to Southend years ago for the opening game of the season (when FDM got subbed at halftime) and they were making people take the tops of their bottles. When ask they said it was to stop people throwing them on the pitch. Kind of makes sense until just after the ticket barrier there were loads of fairly large stones laying around. Personally I think I could throw a stone a lot further and with a lot more accuracy then a 500ml bottle of Coke.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Remember going to Southend years ago for the opening game of the season (when FDM got subbed at halftime) and they were making people take the tops of their bottles. When ask they said it was to stop people throwing them on the pitch. Kind of makes sense until just after the ticket barrier there were loads of fairly large stones laying around. Personally I think I could throw a stone a lot further and with a lot more accuracy then a 500ml bottle of Coke.

They were still doing it for the Friendly at Southend pre-season.

Really!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I take 2 bottles of Pepsi Max from Poundland and 2 rolls or sandwiches or sausage rolls into Lower West every game no problem. In fact if I am stopping for a beer, which is very rare I also take a bottle of Seven Up to make brother in law a very weak shandy putting that in a pint pot and adding some of my beer to it, but as I say that is very rare.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I take 2 bottles of Pepsi Max from Poundland and 2 rolls or sandwiches or sausage rolls into Lower West every game no problem. In fact if I am stopping for a beer, which is very rare I also take a bottle of Seven Up to make brother in law a very weak shandy putting that in a pint pot and adding some of my beer to it, but as I say that is very rare.

Where do you buy your rolls? Do you make your own sandwiches, or are they shop bought? What sort of fillings do you prefer? Much more detail needed please!

:wink::lolol::bigwave:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The water bottles thing has been a no-no for a long time. I used to take a spare bottle-top with me when I went to grounds like Southend and Saints where they let you take bottles in but confiscate the bottle tops.
Not at the Amex it hasn't.
If, as I presume, it is not permitted to take in bottled water, can they clarify the rule on free drinking water from the concourse bars. Harveys is nice but sometimes a quick swig of water is better.
All licensed premises are required to provide free water, though on some occasions I've had to argue in the west upper (they're usually ok though)...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39881236

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013

That's strange...I always take a water bottle in with me; in fact I had one in my hand while a steward frisked me on Saturday at the entrance to WSU

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Where do you buy your rolls? Do you make your own sandwiches, or are they shop bought? What sort of fillings do you prefer? Much more detail needed please!

:wink::lolol::bigwave:

Usually homemade as I am a cheap skate and object to paying £3 for a sandwich or roll that cost pennies to make. I must admit I do occasionally get a Greggs Meal deal sandwich or roll and coke for £3.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here