Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Film 2015

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Errm, isn't that kind of the whole point, it is a depiction of suburban life, the monotony of family life along with some of the difficulties of growing up. I thought it was absolutely superb.

You are obviously easily pleased. The longer it went on the slower it got. A bloke in front if me got up and walked our after about 2 hours. I was desperately trying not to look at the time on my phone in case we were only 2 hours in. When the sudden end came, it was a blessed relief.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
In some ways the US has moved on from the 60s, but in many others it hasn't.

I was in Alabama in the Summer and they have a billboard by the motorway into Birmingham which reads "Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white".

To think there are people in the South who still haven't changed.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I don't know why that came out here so much later than it did in America, if only because Baymax could have been the number one Christmas toy.

Very enjoyable film though.

The first thing I said, at the end of the film, was how I much I wanted to buy a cuddly Baymax toy....and I'm 27! So I can definitely imagine kids going crazy for it too.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
You are obviously easily pleased. The longer it went on the slower it got. A bloke in front if me got up and walked our after about 2 hours. I was desperately trying not to look at the time on my phone in case we were only 2 hours in. When the sudden end came, it was a blessed relief.

I just like films about characters and dialogue. Explosions, car chases and fight scenes bore me to tears. Horses for courses I guess.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Theory of Everything
Brighton Marina Cinema
Attendance 95%

This is a magnificent film with one of the greatest acting performances I have seen in recent years. If Redmayne does not win the Oscar the Academy will have lost all credibility. The acting all round was class and the story, inspiring and moving showing the strength of love and the human spirit. It also have one of the greatest film theme scores of all time

Film 9.0
Redmayne 9.7

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The Theory of Everything
Brighton Marina Cinema
Attendance 95%

This is a magnificent film with one of the greatest acting performances I have seen in recent years. If Redmayne does not win the Oscar the Academy will have lost all credibility. The acting all round was class and the story, inspiring and moving showing the strength of love and the human spirit. It also have one of the greatest film theme scores of all time

Film 9.0
Redmayne 9.7

Totally agree US. How he degenerates physically scene by scene is breathtaking. The score (especially the final track) left a lump in my throat. Best film I have seen in a long time, Redmayne simply must win awards for this.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The Theory of Everything
Brighton Marina Cinema
Attendance 95%

Film 9.0
Redmayne 9.7

Incredible piece of music

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Is this in the film? It's one of my favourite songs of all time! Guaranteed goosebumps every time I hear it.

This piece of music is in the film. Not sure about the reference to a song ? I am confused

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well the song - Transformation by Cinematic Orchestra is what I was referring too

This piece is an original film score, odds on to win the Oscar for best musical score

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It's not an original film score, that particular tune is borrowed from another soundtrack made back in 2008.

Extraordinary. I had no clue. Thanks for the info

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No probs. There's no particular reason why you should have known but it's not so rare as you'd think. Take for instance the film Kick-Ass which borrowed tracks from the soundtracks to '28 Days Later' and 'Sunshine'.

Thanks Buzzer. I am confused as to how it is part of the Oscar nominated score from Johan Johnasson when he did not actually write it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here