Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Naylor at it again

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Shoehorning Palace are 'small club' 'in and out of administration' and 'relegation candidates' into a radio interview about Newport and Wrexham on Radio Wales is the work of a warped mind.

It does appear to be one of your life goals to mention this whenever possible. Bravo.

I wonder if anyone at palace have noticed (Not at The Palace, as you'd already have a gong in the New Year's honours were that the case)?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Shoehorning Palace are 'small club' 'in and out of administration' and 'relegation candidates' into a radio interview about Newport and Wrexham on Radio Wales is the work of a warped mind.

That dude being interviewed knows his stuff about palace :rock:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I haven't read the whole thread, but at 50 odd I do love to beat BHA on the pitch. BUT if I was in a pub and there was a BHA fan, Man unt fan and a Chelsea fan , I would totally ignore the Chealsea and Man u fan but happily talk to the Brighton fan !! as I would feel we had more in common....

I actually hate Chelsea always have since the early 70s and its gotton worse, whenever I am in a pub and hear some cock say "come on Chels" I have to walk out.

Agreed on all counts (but swap the BHA bit for palace)

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Interesting that you mention Leicester. I'm sure [MENTION=31796]alfredmizen[/MENTION] can back this up too, there's a bit of history between them and Chelsea to the point that Chelsea sing about them... "We all follow the Chelsea over land and sea and Leicester..".

Correct for 10 points Buzzer:thumbsup:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I guess he wouldn't be interested, as a Stoke fan! Aren't all rivalries manufactured anyway, some far more so than ours no doubt.
I agree with you there Notters that all rivalries are manufactured to a certain extent , I don't think the Brighton/palace one is though , not at all , a very organic growth if I may say so :lolol: can't understand people who think it's manufactured, I have just started working with a palace fan , he's a lovely bloke, he knows my chelsea history but knows I've had an Albion season ticket for a few years , he CANNOT help but sing palace/anti brighton songs all day !

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I don't remember any particular rivalry with Portsmouth (they hate Southampton with a vengence), but maybe I'm not sufficiently old and decrepit to recall it.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Not really. Most older Albion fans also say the rivalry with Palace is a manufactured one. I've certainly never been fussed about their results

As BG points out, the real rivalry is with Portsmouth #twats

It's an unrequited one with Portsmouth then , they couldn't give a toss about brighton

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 12m12 minutes ago
Stuff the romance of the Cup. Portman Road please. Sincil Bank too far! #bhafc

says the stoke fan

Up the Imps

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I haven't read the whole thread, but at 50 odd I do love to beat BHA on the pitch. BUT if I was in a pub and there was a BHA fan, Man unt fan and a Chelsea fan , I would totally ignore the Chealsea and Man u fan but happily talk to the Brighton fan !! as I would feel we had more in common....

I actually hate Chelsea always have since the early 70s and its gotton worse, whenever I am in a pub and hear some cock say "come on Chels" I have to walk out.
Because you haven't got the bollox to say anything.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Despite being name checked on various Nigel boards as someone they don't like very much, I very much agree with you. I have plenty of Palace fans as friends seeing as I live in the area, and they are all far better to talk football than the armchair billy big club twàts you have to put up with in the office who have never even been to a game. Oh and you're spot on with regard to "Chels". :nono:

Nope. All about Swindon for Oxford. And that one is very much reciprocated. They really don't care about Reading.
They certainly did in the 80s.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Only because of the fat robber wanting to merge the clubs.

Nope , before maxwell and the Thames valley united :lolol:, it might have been a purely hooligan thing , I don't know, but oxford fans certainly used to sing to the tune of the red flag , 'we'll never be mastered , by no reading *******s' I knew a couple in the 80s, there was definitely a rivalry there.

Paddington Gal

May 7, 2013
I always thought that the rivalry started in the 74-75 season, when they came down to the Third div, and played us early on. They brought a lot down, and were acting billy big bollox, at the ground and on Hove station after the game, and,we,as a crowd took offence, and from that day, the hatred started.

Is exactly how I saw it. 3 FA Cup games in 76 just helped the rivalry gather pace.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not really. Most older Albion fans also say the rivalry with Palace is a manufactured one. I've certainly never been fussed about their results

As BG points out, the real rivalry is with Portsmouth #twats

I'm not sure it's been manufactured or not but their results certainly don't bother me either.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 12m12 minutes ago
Stuff the romance of the Cup. Portman Road please. Sincil Bank too far! #bhafc

says the stoke fan

I'm sure there'd be plenty of interest in a job that involves being paid to travel to, watch and write about football if he doesn't fancy it anymore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here