Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How EXACTLY Did The Club Plan On Communicating Tonight's Ticket Exchange?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
... and when exactly were they planning on telling us?

(question prompted by a query on a different thread)

Happened to stumble on the information on the official site this morning that the Ticket Exchange was open for business and that as a full adult STH you can swop your ST for tonight for £25 voucher for the club shop. Other ST age-related options are available.

Fair enough.

However...

It's half twelve now.

There's been no 'Pre-Match Briefing' email sent out - at least not to me.

There's been no SMS.

There's been anecdotal whispers only on here.

Given that huge numbers of STHs won't have access to NSC in the course of their working day, or don't use NSC at all, how on earth can tonight's Ticket Exchange arrangement possibly be expected to be of any use? Or is it just a dry run / lessons learnt exercise by the club?

What's YOUR experience of the Ticket Exchange communications given out for tonight?

PS. Should add that I'm not starting the thread to indulge in a spot of club-bashing. Just trying to maybe encourage them into practising a wee bit more joined-up thinking.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A bit last-minute-larry isn't it ?

My son has known all week he can't go because he's working. I was none the wiser the ticket exchange had suddenly been "activated", but then I rarely venture onto the club site.

I suppose the onus is on fans to keep checking, but they're not going to get much of a turnover / uptake at this kind of notice (nb: I see the article on the official site went up at 11.33 yesterday).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh, and then there's this:

Please note that season-ticket holders' seats can only be listed for sale up until midday on Friday 18th November. .

Oh well. Missed the boat already. You had 24 hours notice to sort it out then, from when the notice went up.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yep, don't see why they can't have it available from the start of the season, then it kicks in as and when! But then the new ticketing system doesn't seem anything like as good as the old one?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
£25 as gift shop credit ? Nah you are OK thanks.

The club are such a shambles at relatively easy day to day stuff like this. Can you imagine the carnage if we did get promoted ?

Please note that season-ticket holders' seats can only be listed for sale up until midday on Friday 18th November. .

Oh well. Missed the boat already. You had 24 hours notice to sort it out then, from when the notice went up.

I stumbled across this information quite by chance (a link on the Club's website, not an e-mail), just in time (11:40am today) to suggest to Roz that she might enter the competition for a £25 voucher, because she can't get to the game tonight. How do they go about choosing the winners, though?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I stumbled across this information quite by chance (a link on the Club's website, not an e-mail), just in time (11:40am today) to suggest to Roz that she might enter the competition for a £25 voucher, because she can't get to the game tonight. How do they go about choosing the winners, though?

You're only a "winner" if your seat is sold...I think.

(you're not having a chuckle there are you ? I find it so hard to tell on here sometimes)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Get the distinct feeling that tonight we'll be seeing the same old pattern of empty seats in the same old places. Still, the mere acknowledgement of those spaces, and the instigation of a ticket exchange, however cack-handedly implemented earlydoors is at least a step in the right direction. Things... can only get BETTER! :thumbsup:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Also, the club voucher may be worth £25 to us but it is worth about £15-£18 to the club, therefore, by not giving cash they are saving up to £10 per ticket. All rather cynical.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe the club wants to bring this in slowly instead of a fanfair of trumpets only for it then to go wrong.
I guess the worst case scenario would be 2 tickets for the same seat in a sold out stadium.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

**** sake, only just seen this. Have two tickets spare in the North Stand tonight, and would have used this had I known. They really are not keen on this are there. All feels like a token effort. And why the midday cut off? I think as [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has said previously their systems are not able to cope with this and therefore it is all very manual which probably explains it, but why not start it earlier in the week when it was obvious this was going to be a sell out? Even yesterday would have been better.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I follow the club quite closely and I'd not have known if hadn't read it on here.

Same. No obvious mention of it in the pre match email either. Although this was received at 12.30pm so after the cut off anyway.

I've just checked the Club's ticketing website, which tells me that there are NO tickets available in our section of the North Stand. Do I assume that Roz's seat has been sold? Or do I assume that they have simply not made it available via the website?

All will be revealed, no doubt, when I turn up and find out whether someone is sitting next to me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've just checked the Club's ticketing website, which tells me that there are NO tickets available in our section of the North Stand. Do I assume that Roz's seat has been sold? Or do I assume that they have simply not made it available via the website?

All will be revealed, no doubt, when I turn up and find out whether someone is sitting next to me.

"Please note, season-ticket holders will not receive acknowledgement as to whether the seat sells until after the Aston Villa match."

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Doubtless the club were just throwing tonight's ticket exchange arrangements out into the ether without giving very much thought to the end result beyond gauging customer feedback. Which means via NSC. Happy to oblige [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] via this thread, though hopefully the club's Junior Minister of Information [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] will just fvck right off in piping up as uber-apologist just this once.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here