Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] In praise of Anthony Knockaert

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes his flair is worth the entrance money alone.
But I'd rather he passed the oppo and carried on rather than go backk to showboat and beat him again.
I know nothing about tactics but him and Bruno together again down the right is a winning combination.

I agree especially about the showboating it as if he is saying " see I can do it whenever I want" which of course he can.

I'm hardly putting my neck on the line here, I well appreciate. However, this isn't about his oh-so-obvious flair that, to use the cliche, "is worth the entrance price alone" but about his incredible work rate.

He runs and runs and runs. For 90+ minutes up and down. He doesn't shirk any defensive duties, yet will still bust a lung at the end of a game to give a teammate an outlet when we break.

There can't be many players in the whole league who cover the distance he does most games.

And, just a small final mention for the whole joie to vivre thing he's got going on. He's smiley and happy and makes sure he shows his full appreciation to the entire Amex before leaving the pitch.

What a player.

Yes the lad is a pretty good player and great to watch!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Man U came for Zaha when Palace were in the Championship,
but they still had him for the rest of the year. If we're well placed in January, I can't see us letting him go for all the tea in China.

There's an obscenely large amount of tea in china.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There's an obscenely large amount of tea in china.
Indeed there is. I always think people have underestimated it when making absurd statements like mine.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Indeed there is. I always think people have underestimated it when making absurd statements like mine.

You have raised one point that stuck with me.

Imagine singing the Zaha deal.
Cashing in on north of £18m, but not having Knockaert playing for the Albion in the Premier League.

No fookin way.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7wM8Sa3LpY

I know its up already, but hey, it was absolutely brilliant!
97f5eb83fbc4c7f9e6f142d60f36e21b.jpg

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Without doubt the best player I've ever seen play for Brighton. Yes Vicente was seriously classy, but he was always injured, had no pace and half the work rate. What a delight he is.

And to think when sally March is fit again, we have another option to send on when teams are knackered from dealing with knocky.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I absolutely love that interview!

What better sight is there than watching our fantastic little magician strutt his stuff around the Amex pitch. And his cheeky smile just makes me want to smile too.
Long may it continue.

:love:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I absolutely love that interview!

What better sight is there than watching our fantastic little magician strutt his stuff around the Amex pitch. And his cheeky smile just makes me want to smile too.
Long may it continue.

:love:
The latest Seagulls Player interview with Knocky is similarly arousing...

In the form of his life
Incredible team spirit and togetherness
Loves The Amex and the fans
Never been happier

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Should this be entitled:-

'In Praise of Anthony Knockaert's Home Performances'.

Puts tin hat on and runs for cover. :lol:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
No one rose to it as perhaps we all realise that Knocky is hampered by our far more cautious approach to away games.

I was puzzled last night that when Knocky had the ball in some decent positions, he was reluctant to run at the ipswich defence in the way he embraces at home. True, they often doubled up on him, but in numerous home games (notably Barnsley) he seemed to relish that and often managed to skip between 2 defenders.

I concluded it's either a specific tactic from Hughton to prioritise ball retention, or a curious confidence deficit from Anthony when away from the Amex. My money is on the latter, although it's hard to fathom why.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here