Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes you can thank the German government for that, our own government have been very little for British citizens residing in Europe

Quite. I’m very grateful to the German government for taking care of me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As the days drag nearer to no deal it’s certainly more worrying. I’ve been in various parts of Europe for the last 5 years but only in Spain for 1.5 so I wouldn’t qualify for settled status regardless.

I hope it works out for you mate. Fingers crossed.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
You’re suggesting/hoping there will major disorder if Brexit doesn’t happen?

I think there will be. You will get the protesters who are upset and then they will be joined by those who protest about anything. Then you have those who just love to smash things up.
I know Walter Mitty replied to me as well, but he is best ignored.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think there will be. You will get the protesters who are upset and then they will be joined by those who protest about anything. Then you have those who just love to smash things up.
I know Walter Mitty replied to me as well, but he is best ignored.

There might be protests but there won’t be any major disorder. The Brits are too soft, that’s why, for example, the rail companies can get away with what they do.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
From my experience owing a property in Spain, you get very little information. I have been waiting 6 months to get my non residents tax sorted out. Things will get sorted out in the end.

Do you speak Spanish? Because that usually speads things up. I can forward you the details of my excellent tutor if you like?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I bet there will be lots of scaremongering today about getting settled status. If you go on the government website it clearly explains what you have to do, however what people will do instead is be drawn to the rubbish posted online by people who can't except the result in the first place. I'm going to have to do this for my mum at some point.

Not trying to score any points mate, but how does she feel about it?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
So if you're one of the 3m odd EU Citizens in the UK you best get yourself an android phone, just embarrassing from the home office. Nothing for Iphone users...

But I'm sure they've got everything under control for crashing and no one will get hurt

Before she resigned over deporting NHS workers to the Caribbean, Amber Rudd as Home Secretary said it would be easy as applying for an L.K.Bennett account. There's nothing to worry about. :rolleyes:

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
There might be protests but there won’t be any major disorder. The Brits are too soft, that’s why, for example, the rail companies can get away with what they do.

17 million people will have been told their views don't count, I think you may be in for a shock. I personally have never before detested the government more.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
For some time it has been pretty clear that if she and the EU agree to lose the backstop or put a date on when it ends then her withdrawal agreement will go through.

My view is the EU and us will take this to wire. Could be the last week or the last hour before they crumble but crumble they will and we should hold form until then.

Talk of ruling out no deal or extending the deadline is absolute nonsense made by people who don't understand how negotiation works. The only way you can get a good deal is to take it to wire and we should hold firm on this.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
For some time it has been pretty clear that if she and the EU agree to lose the backstop or put a date on when it ends then her withdrawal agreement will go through.

My view is the EU and us will take this to wire. Could be the last week or the last hour before they crumble but crumble they will and we should hold form until then.

Talk of ruling out no deal or extending the deadline is absolute nonsense made by people who don't understand how negotiation works. The only way you can get a good deal is to take it to wire and we should hold firm on this.

Genuine question, what are we holding firm with? May has already proposed a deal that was resoundly voted down. What is she going to do now? Say “That wasn’t the real deal, I’ve got a much better one I’ve not told anyone about that I’m taking to the wire “. I genuinely cannot fathom what she actually has to hold firm with?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Alas, I have had nothing similar from the Spanish government. In fact I’ve had no information whatsoever.

Why would the Spanish government give you informaion on staying in Manchester ? They're probably doing you a favour ! :p

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I'm bored of the thread. See you in April 2019.

You'll be back on here before then. Even if it's just to try and find out what it was you voted for :rolleyes:

MYSTIC-MEG_2882318b.jpg

And these are just today's posts :lolol:

I bet there will be lots of scaremongering today about getting settled status. If you go on the government website it clearly explains what you have to do, however what people will do instead is be drawn to the rubbish posted online by people who can't except the result in the first place. I'm going to have to do this for my mum at some point.

Just out of interest, what is the German government doing as regards your status, and what are the requirements.

Exactly. Well if you have an NI number, that is already proof you live and work in this country.

Same as here then.

You know what it's like lol.

That's Spain.

From my experience owing a property in Spain, you get very little information. I have been waiting 6 months to get my non residents tax sorted out. Things will get sorted out in the end.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Genuine question, what are we holding firm with? May has already proposed a deal that was resoundly voted down. What is she going to do now? Say “That wasn’t the real deal, I’ve got a much better one I’ve not told anyone about that I’m taking to the wire “. I genuinely cannot fathom what she actually has to hold firm with?

Unicorns

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
We must determine whether we want full membership, the euro, schengen, handing over control of the country’s fiscal leavers to the ECB or not. If we don’t we walk away, fully out.

One of the major problems remainers have is dealing with this question, and it’s why Clegg and others scoffed at questions like the EU army etc. This takes the electorate for fools, the pro EU constituency need to shit or get off the pot, some on here like Bold Seagull are clear that is what they want.......what about you?

Anything other than dealing with this question is patronising procrastination.

I cannot see any reason why would we want to give away all the positive results of our last 40 years of hard negotiation ?

Have you ever managed to get any water out the bath without the baby going with it :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
17 million people will have been told their views don't count, I think you may be in for a shock. I personally have never before detested the government more.

The majority of people who voted for Brexit are dusty old pensioners and brain-dead idiots from places like Sunderland, Stoke and Burnley. The former are not goimg to riot. And the latter are too lazy. And if they did raze Stoke and Burnley they’d be improving the places.

(Joke)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here