Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Dont think we deserve to be 2 down , first was a soft penalty , cant complain about the second that was a class strike.

What is more important IMHO is that its time for Murray to be No.2 striker behind Andone ... 7 & a half games without a goal and wasted the best chance of the half for the Albion ... he has served us well but he really should drop down the pecking order now , its just the right time with the new system of 4-3-3

apart from the 2 goals Utd only managed 1 shot at goal (maybe 2) and we had 4 (maybe 5) which is much more progressive than I thought we would have but we have not troubled the goalie as yet

expect Utd to cruise the second half unless we get a head of steam and an early goal back ... dont see that happening though

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
We need to swap Bissouma and Andone for Gross and Murray. It's been obvious for weeks. We've not been that bad, but would have been better with those changes.
Looking forward to Bernardos return.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Strange once again how views differ. I don't think we're playing too badly! Utd are just a bit better than us and we still seem to play like a newly promoted side....maybe that's what a few years money can change.
Still, I'm enjoying it, the whole thing, premier league, worldwide audience etc.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
So f***** poor and predictable.

Fans that went up there deserve a refund. Although to be fair, they probably knew what was going to happen as would anyone who watches us regularly so maybe not.

Might have to change my 2.0 pre game prediction to 3.0 now.

What? We've played pretty well, against an in form Man United, at their place. We haven't been overrun at all. The penalty was poor to give away but Pogba is a nigthmare, and Rashford's goal was class.

Being 2 - 0 down to United @ home as a result of a pen and a moment of class is just what you have to accept when you face a side of this quality.

Having had 6 shots, 2 on target. 3 corners. 78% passing accuracy. We've done as well as can reasonably be expected.

But you do have to be reasonable.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
So f***** poor and predictable. Fans that went up there deserve a refund.

Mate, I’ve been using NSC since Gary Crittenden set it up in 1997, and that’s possibly the most pathetic comment I’ve seen in over 20 years. I normally steer well clear of all the binfests and petty arguments and don’t confront fellow users, but you’ve just made me break that. It’s ****ing Man Utd at Old Trafford. We’ve conceded a soft penalty and a wonder finish from one of England’s World Cup strikers. Beyond that, we’ve tried hard and given our best. Don’t be so ****ing pissy and negative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
No good doing well and always giving away soft pens. Not a Bong hater but he needs to learn to be more careful in the box. Gives away so many needless pens/feekicks.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What's the point of taking an interest if you can't hope for the seemingly impossible now and then. One can have the realistic expectation of losing, while still realising that shocks do happen, and that we might do it.

As Bill Shankly once said: "If you aim for the stars, you might hit the ceiling. If you aim at the ceiling, you are likely to stay standing on the floor."
Surely you're more likely to hit the ceiling..??

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006

fanseagull

Dec 18, 2018
Dont think we deserve to be 2 down , first was a soft penalty , cant complain about the second that was a class strike.

What is more important IMHO is that its time for Murray to be No.2 striker behind Andone ... 7 & a half games without a goal and wasted the best chance of the half for the Albion ... he has served us well but he really should drop down the pecking order now , its just the right time with the new system of 4-3-3

apart from the 2 goals Utd only managed 1 shot at goal (maybe 2) and we had 4 (maybe 5) which is much more progressive than I thought we would have but we have not troubled the goalie as yet

expect Utd to cruise the second half unless we get a head of steam and an early goal back ... dont see that happening though

Fair assessment. An early goal back would set it up nicely; concede again and we could be in for a thumping......

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
A dive and a great finish, We've created some half chances and Muzza prob should have scored.

What the hell do you expect?

A bit of belief and positive intent from the manager and players. To surprise us a little. This is a completely predictable game so far.

We’ve made it totally easy for them, it’s a self inflicted losing position. It was a blatant pen - stupid challenge by Bong and we chose to play with 10 men, Murray shouldn’t be on the pitch, Andone should have started and would have probably made more of that chance.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
So f***** poor and predictable.

Fans that went up there deserve a refund. Although to be fair, they probably knew what was going to happen as would anyone who watches us regularly so maybe not.

Might have to change my 2.0 pre game prediction to 3.0 now.

What exactly was so ****ing poor?

We've been undone by a great first touch by Pogba to win a penalty and a little bit of quality from Rashford. Shit happens. The players haven't played badly. They haven't parked the bus. They're just losing to a better team, full of confidence who are playing with the freedom that winning six in a row gives you.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath

Agree with this. We are rarely as good or as bad as the various reactions us blinkered fans.

You are right about Murray too. Hasn't looked as hungry since signing a contract extension. Time to rest him and make him earn the shirt back. Andone and Locadia should start above him for a while.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do I need to seek help? I am actually quite enjoying this, not sure we deserve to be 2-0 down and we are definitely not parking the bus. Sure we’ll almost certainly lose now but we have done OK for the most part against a team with real belief who have had the rub of the green.

Only gripe is the elbow in Murray’s face which looked deliberate to me and deserved a card of some sort. A red if it had been the other way around obviously.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I think we’re playing quite well.

Utd’s attack is just a bit too good. No shame in that.

I think Knocky should come on and have a go at Dalot in the second half. He’s out of position.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Not sure Pogba didn’t buy that but I think Bong has done well for the most part. Different opinions eh?

He can do a lot of good things in a game but always liable to switch off! Soft pen but was definitely a pen! He gave the ref a decision to make and you could tell by the other players reactions that they weren’t complaining too much!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here