Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] “Speedy boarders; also known as tossers”

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Speedy boarding ALWAYS comes into its own at the destination airport . It’s always a cluster **** checking in with often 1 operator dealing with a growing queue of punters which normally contain numerous unruly noisy children . Speedy boarding bypasses all this crap and gives more time airside for a few beers .

Also avoids the “must push and shove” crew , desperate to not be at the back of the queue .

Wouldn’t ever not do it

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Always have speedy boarding. Ridiculously long legs mean I need an exit seat so it comes by default (after paying a fair bit extra for the exit seats by the way). And because I have an exit seat any bags need to go in the overhead locker so I get on nice and early so I can pop it in right by my seat and relax watching everyone else trying to find a spot for their cases. I may also be a tosser but the two aren't necessarily linked!

True for me also. If we book an apartment abroad, can easily get enough kit into a carry on case so save the money I would have spent on checking bags in to pay for the extra legroom seat. With Speedy Boarding you can also take on a laptop size bag and I know I'll get locker space on the plane.

Then at the other end, I'm off the plane and out the airport without the tedium of baggage reclaim. Coming back, that saves a rake of time at Gatwick which can be very slow.

I'm happy to exploit Easyjet's business model to my advantage.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I was flying back from A Caruna about 10 days ago, and i'd say there were about 34 passengers. With so few to board, i sat wondering why some still were so urgent for their place in the queue. When on, i had 6 seats all to myself. It was quite lovely.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Chap got refused at Heraklion last year for oversize cabin luggage STILL ARGUING WITH STAFF AND THREATEND WITH GREEK POLICE INTERVENTION …………….. missed his flight
regards
DR

I don’t get arguing with staff or authorities at airports either. Haven’t they watched Come Fly With Me? There’s only ever one winner...besides, what’s wrong with putting luggage in the hold-all? Poor airline staff have to deal with some right idiots.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I was flying back from A Caruna about 10 days ago, and i'd say there were about 34 passengers. With so few to board, i sat wondering why some still were so urgent for their place in the queue. When on, i had 6 seats all to myself. It was quite lovely.

You need to lay off the chocolate MB!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's always a pain travelling by air unless you have the cash for a better airline, its a slow, miserable queue to get on and a slow, miserable queue to get off. The worst part of any flight is A, having to go through Gatwick and B, having to come back through Gatwick.

Last trip when we came back from Malta it was even more miserable there than usual, anyone who flies here from abroad must need their heads testing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nothing finer than an Easyjet January flight when you find you've got six rows at the back of the plane all to yourself. It's like having your own private jet :moo:

I always use speedy boarding when I fly to Madrid or Seville with EasyJet. It means I can travel with just hand luggage with my laptop and other bits in a separate bag. Plus I virtually always get to sit in the front row A B or C which means a decent amount of legroom. Plus it means I get off the aircraft quickly and beat others either to the car hire desk or catch an earlier train home from Gatwick.

Because I don't normally have to travel on a specific day I would always chose a flight that gives me these options rather one on another day where the front row may already been taken.

OK it costs me £30 - £35 quid more than a normal return fare but money very well spent in my opinion.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
The airlines are to blame for this nonsense. They charge ridiculous prices for hold luggage and then
wonder why people take the mickey with on-board baggage. The answer is simple: reduce prices of the
former thereby encouraging more hold luggage.

But that would be too easy wouldn't it and would strike profits, which, after all, is the motive,

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's always a pain travelling by air unless you have the cash for a better airline, its a slow, miserable queue to get on and a slow, miserable queue to get off. The worst part of any flight is A, having to go through Gatwick and B, having to come back through Gatwick.

Give me Gatwick over Heathrow any day of the week. And slow miserable queues are by no means confined to budget airlines.

Jan 30, 2008
Always have speedy boarding. Ridiculously long legs mean I need an exit seat so it comes by default (after paying a fair bit extra for the exit seats by the way). And because I have an exit seat any bags need to go in the overhead locker so I get on nice and early so I can pop it in right by my seat and relax watching everyone else trying to find a spot for their cases. I may also be a tosser but the two aren't necessarily linked!
DO YOU ENJOY HAVING A CRAP IN THE TOILETS ??
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
speedy boarding always comes into its own at the destination airport . It’s always a cluster **** checking in with often 1 operator dealing with a growing queue of punters which normally contain numerous unruly noisy children . Speedy boarding bypasses all this crap and gives more time airside for a few beers .

Also avoids the “must push and shove” crew , desperate to not be at the back of the queue .

Wouldn’t ever not do it
what a load of tosh STILL NOT GOING ANYWHERE UNTILL EVERYONE'S ON BOARD:dunce:
regards
DR

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
I don’t get arguing with staff or authorities at airports either. Haven’t they watched Come Fly With Me? There’s only ever one winner...besides, what’s wrong with putting luggage in the hold-all? Poor airline staff have to deal with some right idiots.
he was, fair play to the Greek lady official dealing with him , pointed out to him on several occasions that the bag didn't fit into the approved cabin luggage holder and that he would have to pay extra which he wasn't prepared to do:dunce:
regards
DR

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I take it you've never flown to Edinburgh. They're probably still unloading the bags off the 07.15 as I type.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I take it you've never flown to Edinburgh. They're probably still unloading the bags off the 07.15 as I type.

Ha ha, yes, but not for many years so guess I was lucky back then.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
he was, fair play to the Greek lady official dealing with him , pointed out to him on several occasions that the bag didn't fit into the approved cabin luggage holder and that he would have to pay extra which he wasn't prepared to do:dunce:
regards
DR

I once watched a Nigerian man argue for 20mins with BA over excess baggage, claiming had no money and shouldn't have to pay. BA should made him pay £250 but they generously halved it and still he wouldn't accept that kind offer. He waited until 1 minute to go before they closed the gate and only then, took out the biggest wedge of cash I've ever seen and proceeded to pay. Complete liar let alone unreasonable. I guess the check in staff are used to claims of poverty and this sort of scenario. Fair play to them for sticking to their guns, I'd have made him pay the full amount for being a complete tosser over the situation.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I always get my bag in the locker ???
regards
DR

Munich evening flight is a ‘mare. Lots of bags put in the hold at the gate. If you have speedy boarding they leave you alone. I go for work so they pic’ up the bill.
The main benefit for me is booking extra legroom. My problem is the scar from my knee replacement pushes against the seat in front. It’s particularly unpleasant.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
i do easy jet to Toulouse a lot and have travelled to various other destinations with them in the last few years - i just don't get it. why would anyone pay extra to be at the front of a queue, which is all they are getting - oh and an extra bit of hand luggage. mental.

no doubt the OP is a speedy boarder - its the German mentality

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Bloody hell. I’m in full agreement with [MENTION=663]portlock seagull[/MENTION].

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm at Tottenham Hale now, which is depressing enough, but in an hour at Stansted to fly to Santiago de Compostella. I have priority boarding, but don't remember why. A seat near the back of the plane and a hope that myself and 33 other cheapos are lone on this flight thunders through me. A night in a cheap hotel, and in the morning tike I will see Meade Jr. It's been a long 10 days, and I strongly imagine he'll deliver a pointy finger at me, asking for a bells on the bus go ding ding ding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here