Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
3 defeats in a row.

Would be handy to now get some points from the Arsenal and Everton games.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We were still very much in this game before the Dunk sending off. Hope CH continues to be more adventurous away from home, much rather lose like we did today than a 1-0 10 men behind the ball performance.

Pissed off but nowhere near despondant.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Dunky must have wanted Boxing Day off ... the only plausible reason for his silly tackle knowing he was already on a yellow ... First half we were good & created good chances .. second half we were OK in spells but lost that cutting edge with the quality of crossing into the box dreadful.

Some will disagree with the next point , and it is my personal opinion but for me the weak link is Pascal Gross at the moment. He looks off the pace and lacking form and is easily bullied off the ball by the opposition. I am not saying he is no good, after all he was player of the season last year but after the injury (and before it) he just has not looked the same this season. The problem is we have no alternative to create the chances & assists he has before and that leaves us looking like a toothless attack especially away from home.

That said a big performance and much better than the normal away games and as the saying goes "you dont always get what you deserve" & we didnt deserve to lose that game ... but we manage it somehow made worse by Palace winning at City ... what a bad way to start Xmas.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not really, just they know how to drag a win out.

I think they have some superior forwards and creative midfielders. Bought with Maxim’s money over more PL transfer windows than us. They’re able to control the midfield in many PL games, something we haven’t been able to do YET in out initial 16 months in the PL.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm a bit confused. Just seen Palace beat Man City... gutting. Anyway I digress. Confused. I have just watched the Plucky v Brighton match live and Dunk was booked for a Bissouma foul before being sent off? Please someone put me right.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
We rather bollocksed up that second half didn't we? Lost midfield and when we did get the ball we put in a succession of very poor crosses. Stupid, rash tackle by Dunk - we've not seen that from him in years - rounding the game off. Too bad we couldn't have combined the first half with last weeks second half...

And Palace beat Man City away to cap the day. I imagine the pricks will be allover the board tonight. The *****.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I'm a bit confused. Just seen Palace beat Man City... gutting. Anyway I digress. Confused. I have just watched the Plucky v Brighton match live and Dunk was booked for a Bissouma foul before being sent off? Please someone put me right.

That's right. Expect an appeal.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Nine points clear of the drop zone as we reach the halfway stage. I'd have been pretty happy with that when we started out in August.

Think happy thoughts. Think happy thoughts. Think happy...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

D

Deleted member 2719

You are, because you are clearly superstitious.

Ha ha far from it, totally the opposite.

1 game of being more upbeat proves nothing, lets talk after 10 games.

If Hughton has the bottle.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I think they have some superior forwards and creative midfielders. Bought with Maxim’s money over more PL transfer windows than us. They’re able to control the midfield in many PL games, something we haven’t been able to do YET in out initial 16 months in the PL.

This will come, I'm sure.
It's only 1.5 PL season so far :)

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Difference between the two teams were Brooks and Begovic.

It could have gone either way which we wouldn't have said earlier in the season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here