Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] McShane in the 79th

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
It is a shame they moved the away support to the other end.

That was the only time there was an atmosphere when we were next to them.

F*cking filthy pikeys.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I was at the back next to the fence separating us from Palace fans. It was like being in a zoo watching angry animals in a cage!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There is definately a theme of palace fans SPITTING - I've known of an incident too. Really is scummy that.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I remember going to Ibiza the following summer on my own to do a season, and on my 1st day there all alone, I saw Paul McShane with a few other United reserves.
I was stunned but still approached him, thanked him for that goal and shook his hand.

What a knobhead I probably looked like.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Amazing how everyone lumped on Mcshane 1-0. I missed the bookies by about 10 mins and IIRC it was 85/1
There was a picture from Withdean I think that was in the Argus and had loads of fans with a wodge full of tenners

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Last proper away day was that with all the lads, on the piss all day Covent garden boozer rammed with Albion early afternoon, tear bombs, tear ups and beating the scum. What a day !!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
and a lot of money was earned at the bookies on that result!
[MENTION=3721]Captain Haddock[/MENTION]

A truly memorable night, we were massive underdogs to win as well.

I was buzzing for a week afterwards, just a warm smiling feeling.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
[MENTION=3721]Captain Haddock[/MENTION]

A truly memorable night, we were massive underdogs to win as well.

I was buzzing for a week afterwards, just a warm smiling feeling.

I remember Mark McGhee saying beforehand, in the press conference, he'd never lost a game at Selhurst. I hoped he was right (which he was).

A fine achievement for any manager.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I was in Nigeria trying to stream ropey BBC live text via a dial up connection. Leaping around my lounge like a loon at full time to the bemusement of my wife. Nobody within a thousand miles seemed to know or care but I certainly did.

Can't wait for the renewal of the rivalry next month. My 18 year old daughter will be joining me at The Amex to see precisely what all the fuss is about.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I remember that bet paid for the following years season ticket, Someone posted it on here the day before and everyone just went yep having some of that.

When the goal went in I was at the top of the stirs of an aisle (There seemed to be more people than seats in the away end that night) and within less than a second I had been carried down to the barriers at the front in the surge and when Clinton Morissons goal was chalked off for offside we went flying back down the stairs again.

Still one of the best nights I can recall following the Albion.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I had £20 of free bets to place. Got my biggest ever win. Put £10 McShane first goal and £10 on Mcshane last goal. The odds on him scoring, taking into account his record was crazy

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here