Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taxi for Cairney

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Except against Newcastle at home.

Exactly. You could easily take a 10-minute segment from that and summarise that Stephens was therefore utter shit. Nonsense argument. Cairney is utter quality.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
I like Ryan Sessignon (spelling?). Whenever I've seen him, he's looked like a really exciting young prospect.
Great player but he's in the Lookman category and could well be picked up by an Everton type team for an eyewatering amount.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
LOTS of people slating Cairney on a performance where the whole Fulham team were poor.

Cairney this season 13 goals, 10 assists, 92.4% pass accuracy and averages 80 passes a game. - how is he not a quality player?

To put it into perspective Dale Stephens (who we all adore and think is an amazing player, which he is) 2 goals, 2 assists, 87.5% pass accuracy and only averaged 47.5 passes per game.

I know we can't judge on stats, but those kind of stats don't lie.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Burnley are the exact model we should be copying, recruitment wise, and that's exactly what they've done. So I'm with you, has to be the best option.

Agree, better than buying journeymen.
Although Burnley did not survive 1st time the players they had bought when promoted won the Championship and they went straight back up.
Last year they repeated the same process (Hendricks, Brady).
This option also provides value (Michael Keane to be sold for £25m).

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I'm sure if you caught players like Knockeart and Stephens on a 1 off game. They might look shit. Cairney is prem worthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Completely agree. Thought he was decent for 60 odd minutes - just a player that creates space for himself so easily. Should have had an assist as well, playing someone in through on goal in the first half down the left.

Struggled after Reading scored because they had 11 men behind the ball. Probably not an issue Brighton will face too many times next season....

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
LOTS of people slating Cairney on a performance where the whole Fulham team were poor.

Cairney this season 13 goals, 10 assists, 92.4% pass accuracy and averages 80 passes a game. - how is he not a quality player?

To put it into perspective Dale Stephens (who we all adore and think is an amazing player, which he is) 2 goals, 2 assists, 87.5% pass accuracy and only averaged 47.5 passes per game.

I know we can't judge on stats, but those kind of stats don't lie.

I believe Fulham play with a 5 man midfield or at least a 4-2-3-1? A lot more time and space for Cairney to pass, assist and score in the knowledge that he has cover in midfield. Dale needed to be quite deep this season, especially when playing alongside Sidwell who whilst solid, is too old to cover the amount of ground needed for Stephens to have the confidence to get forward frequently (which he did better last year with Kayal). In addition, you don't need a lot of passes with Hughton's direct play, we don't piss about with the ball like we did under Poyet.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Completely agree. Thought he was decent for 60 odd minutes - just a player that creates space for himself so easily. Should have had an assist as well, playing someone in through on goal in the first half down the left.

Struggled after Reading scored because they had 11 men behind the ball. Probably not an issue Brighton will face too many times next season....

almost nabbed a goal with his freekick if it wasn't for a brilliant save

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
15 million or close surely for this lad, I just dont see us spending that much on someone who has no Premier League experience.

As much as I rate him and want someone in our team called TC :)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Only saw the last 30 mins last night with Fulham taking Reading apart.

Cairney looked decent enough to me , other than one diabolical pass was pretty good from what I saw. Wanted the ball and was taking responsibility

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Not many of our lot were at their best last night, including Cairney and Sessignon - the two most tipped to leave. I think it was deliberate ploy to keep them at the club ready for next season when we (ahem) win the Championship. At last our central defence (Reeeeeaaaam) is getting a bit more solid, but we need a proper striker so Aluko doesn't need to launch the ball into Row Z at every opportunity.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here