Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I obviously understand contracts take time to sort sometimes, with Dale I suspect it was actually sorted in days rather than months, as soon as promotion was gained he was happy to sort and sign, he wanted to know what division we were in simple as that. I was hoping David would also sort quickly now he knows he is a premier league player again, the longer it drags on it leaves a sour taste in my mouth I am afraid.

I also understand his situation is slightly different to Dale's in that he is a few years older and maybe the club are looking at Walton being first choice in a couple of years time and don't want to halt his process by giving a 3 or 4 year deal to an ageing keeper.

Hope it's sorted soon, either way I am happy now.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If my wages was about to potentially double in a big contract then I'd certainly get that sorted before pissing off on holiday :smile:
To be honest we probably need better than stockdale and personally I'd go for Westwood at Wednesday....better keeper all round in my eyes :)

Then your eyes need glasses, Westwood is second rate compared to Stockers, his distribution is arse.

And, how do we know Stockers hasnt sorted something already, he won't tell us and nor will the club, ubtil they are good and ready.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
If my wages was about to potentially double in a big contract then I'd certainly get that sorted before pissing off on holiday :smile:
To be honest we probably need better than stockdale and personally I'd go for Westwood at Wednesday....better keeper all round in my eyes :)

It doesn't seem as though wages are the problem, but the length of the contract. He's paid until the end of June in any case.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
It doesn't seem as though wages are the problem, but the length of the contract. He's paid until the end of June in any case.

Believe he's paid until end of July unless he's sorted a deal elsewhere.
From the debacle that was the signing of CMS.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex

LIke all footballers, he's got an agent and the agent will be handling the negotiations while Stocko's away and will keep big Dave updated.

Westwood is good but not as good as you seem to think - remember him flapping like a jelly-armed twonk when Knocky opened the scoring against them at the Amex. And he would cost millions in transfer before wages even come up.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
He's on paid holiday. Would you come back off holiday to sign something at work? Next week will do nicely.

I was not being serious - but to answer your question, if the 'sign something at work' was to do with me securing £40,000ish per week - you know what, I might just think about it - especially if my career was time limited

Having said that I've just read about the daughter of a former top goalkeeper who hated being in her situation and longed for a normal life - so much so that her mental health was affected

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I assume that the reason he's being offered a two year contract rather than four is because of Christian Walton.

Walton has done incredibly well on loan and is a big talent . He will probably be loaned out for another year, two at the most, at Championship level if possible. By that time he will be expecting to break into our first team.

That doesn't really fit with a highly paid Stockdale on a four year contract.

No way would I want to offer Stocko a 4 year deal unless there was a plan to join the training team.
Ankers has that covered.
I suppose Stocko is looking for a contract length that would take him to retirement for turning down Chelski.
Walton needs to be given priority. Pickford at Sunderland shows if you are good enough you should be in.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Quite right.

The penalty save vs Sheff We'd was a standout moment for me, I'd rank it alongside Sidwell's goal in terms of this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

promotions aren't won by a few stand out moments but by consistently playing at the top of your game. Dunk made a couple of mistakes leading to goals, but saved many others AND drove the whole team from the back in many games...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
promotions aren't won by a few stand out moments but by consistently playing at the top of your game. Dunk made a couple of mistakes leading to goals, but saved many others AND drove the whole team from the back in many games...

Of course they aren't, but it is the stand out moments that remain in the mind, which is the point here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Getting boring now. Any new attention seeking tweets from his other half to liven it all up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here