Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I do very much value Dunks contribution but I do not consider even those passes mentioned, good as they were, stick in the mind as long as penalty saves and misses.

Quite right.

The penalty save vs Sheff We'd was a standout moment for me, I'd rank it alongside Sidwell's goal in terms of this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I assume that the reason he's being offered a two year contract rather than four is because of Christian Walton.

Walton has done incredibly well on loan and is a big talent . He will probably be loaned out for another year, two at the most, at Championship level if possible. By that time he will be expecting to break into our first team.

That doesn't really fit with a highly paid Stockdale on a four year contract.

Age is probably also a factor, despite keepers generally going on longer than outfield players.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I assume that the reason he's being offered a two year contract rather than four is because of Christian Walton.

Walton has done incredibly well on loan and is a big talent . He will probably be loaned out for another year, two at the most, at Championship level if possible. By that time he will be expecting to break into our first team.

That doesn't really fit with a highly paid Stockdale on a four year contract.

The rumour, last week, was that he'd only been offered one year, but wanted two.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The rumour, last week, was that he'd only been offered one year, but wanted two.

My ears are burning.
Not a rumour, I can assure you. We upped the offer to two years as has been reported. If he wants four, (where's this coming from?) then I think he'll be disappointed, Perhaps an 'option' for a third year may seal the deal.
What was a rumour is that he hadn't been offered a deal at all. Something I recall being derided for.

No doubt Wellesley will be here in a minute to bestow me with his usual praise and affection.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I'm actually not bothered now if stockdale signs or not, the longer it drags on the more annoyed I get and think we can do better, and that's from someone who is a big fan of his and has stuck up for him when many did not. Get it done this week David or say you are moving on. As we need too.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm actually not bothered now if stockdale signs or not, the longer it drags on the more annoyed I get and think we can do better, and that's from someone who is a big fan of his and has stuck up for him when many did not. Get it done this week David or say you are moving on. As we need too.

He's away fishing in France, so he won't sign this week unless he comes back to the UK to sign.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Err. What? Why?
You're not bothered if he stays now because a contract announcement hasn't taken place within 9 days of the season ending?
How about this:

The club have a budget to adhere to. They want to make the new signings we need without being held to ransom by the players we currently have.
Stocko has to do the right thing for his family. This will be the biggest wage he has ever and likely will ever earn and it probably has to ensure his family's future.

I think it will take as long as it takes. Negotiations take time (9 months in Dale's case) Stocko will have back-up options. So will the club. We'll be signing another goalkeeper anyway as Maenpaa is unlikely to sign a new deal so it's not like everything is on hold waiting.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Bit of an over reaction? He has said publicly he wants to stay, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes with terms etc and it is only May 16th!

I really hope we can come to an agreement as like 20 goal a season strikers, good keepers are not easy to find and it can take years to find one.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think the best indication is whether or not Maenpaa signs another contract. If he refuses it will be because he wants game time but if he accepts you could think that DS wont and he moves into contention for the no 1 spot.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Several ferries a day sail in to Newhaven

I've always considered several to be more than 3 particularly when one of those is through the hight. I wouldn't waste my holiday travelling for 4 hours each way to sign something that could wait either

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I would think the best indication is whether or not Maenpaa signs another contract. If he refuses it will be because he wants game time but if he accepts you could think that DS wont and he moves into contention for the no 1 spot.

Why would the reserve keeper's decision affect Stocko's? Actually I think it would be of no more indication than my decision to have a large glass of red wine this evening will affect Mrs Tackle's decision to have a small white herself. :lolol:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
He's on paid holiday. Would you come back off holiday to sign something at work? Next week will do nicely.
If my wages was about to potentially double in a big contract then I'd certainly get that sorted before pissing off on holiday :smile:
To be honest we probably need better than stockdale and personally I'd go for Westwood at Wednesday....better keeper all round in my eyes :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why would the reserve keeper's decision affect Stocko's? Actually I think it would be of no more indication than my decision to have a large glass of red wine this evening will affect Mrs Tackle's decision to have a small white herself. :lolol:

If he signs another contract it can be assumed that he has been told that he has moved nearer being no 1. That will only happen if the club know DS is not going to sign a new contract. Other than that he will leave yo become no 1 elsewhere I would think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here