Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sweet Caroline as a fan chant for the Albion?

Should we adopt Sweet Caroline?

• Yeah, why not, sod Reading

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • Nope, leave it well alone

Votes: 82 59.9%

• Total voters

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes would be good , but there is absolutely no chance of singing anything with a slow tempo from Albion fans, just no going to happen.
Speaking of singing slowly, Spurs have this sussed. Their rendition of glory, glory hallelujah yesterday was superb, spine tingling stuff.

As is many of the songs at Liverpool, which fans chose naturally over time, not the club.

Let the fans choose naturally.

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sorry to say it but GLad all over is an absolute BELTER of a track. Hate the fact that Palace sing it of course but objectively it is a very good tune.

I've always disliked the sound of the Dave Clark Five, shite in a decade of 1960's musical geniuses. Don't give a monkeys when the rare fan says "well, they were so clever in getting rich".

Very well suited to Palace!

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
I totally understand what you're saying, but still disagree a little.

I've watched many interviews with players, where the reporter has asked what they listen to before a game to get them 'fired up' or 'in the zone'.. I can't recall any of them saying 'yeah bro.. a bit o' dat foot tappin' stuff me dad dances to at weddings, innit...'

I have seen videos of them singing Sweet Caroline in dressing room after a good match - I can't remember the details but I am pretty sure one of the players spoke about this in an interview

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But it's not for a concert - it's for a football match to encourage/fire up the players - and this is their song ...

t'was what I was thinking.

However, we are absolutely crap at coming up with new songs.

NSC reactions tell you that most new ideas are crushed by some ideological sensibility. Even away, you hear stuff being tried, but there is generally a reaction of 'oh, I'm not singing that'.

So we end up with our best player, been with us 3 1/2 years, signed a new 4 year deal, and still doesn't have his own bloody song. So he gets 'we want you stay' back at him. If I were him, I'd be thinking I am bloody staying, do you think you might be able to come up with a song at some point during my next contract duration!?

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't we just let the players have their own thing?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I have seen videos of them singing Sweet Caroline in dressing room after a good match - I can't remember the details but I am pretty sure one of the players spoke about this in an interview

After, as you say. Not before, which is when you want a song to get the pulse up and the blood coursing....

Sweet Caroline is a cheery, happy, celebratory kind of song (if you're into that kind of thing) - not something to fire you right up

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
IMO an even worse choice than Neil Diamond

Fair enough! Maybe try for something between the two.

And now I'm trying to think of a musician who would be halfway between Eddie Tenpole Tudor and Neil Diamond. Someone posh, of Jewish descent, writes catchy pop tunes, transatlantic...step forward Mark Ronson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here