Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skalak out

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'd like to see some statistics on our win percentages with and without him in the side.

When he starts we seem to do better

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Twatty thread.

Sure I didn't think he'd start today, expecting to hit Blackburn with pace from the off, but that's a long way from this thread title.

I'd be surprised to see him start on Tuesday, but equally surprised if he doesn't start on Friday.

It's a squad game, and the ONLY reason the Albion are second 9 (nine) points clear of third, is because we have a better squad.
Anyone wanting to 'get rid', or worst still 'bring back Kaz' has missed the point of this season, when compared to last.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
he's clearly not pants, though there does seem to be a quality lacking from his game. he seems to have niggly little errors every game. used to put it down to trying too hard to impress.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Sorry people I don't usually get controversial, but he is pants.

Posts like this are one of the things I dislike most about NSC. Player has ordinary game so poster comes on here and says they are rubbish (ignoring everything about their previous play). Skalak had a poor game today but has been very good for us since signing. And two games ago against Derby he had a really good game. So yes he had a poor game today but to say he is pants is ridiculous.

rinswun

Sep 28, 2010
Only real problem with Skalak today (and often) is the number of times he falls over looking for free kicks. Would be better off staying on his feet.

Delivered a couple of cracking corners and did really well to keep his shot down and on target at the end of the first half, forcing their keeper into a good save.

Works hard defensively, so no faulting him there.

The diving is utterly embarrassing, struggles with athletic challenges and the refs now have his number

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He may not be the most gifted player and he can be frustrating, but he is a pest to the opposition, he is always 100% fit and works hard. Yes there is room for him to develop his game but we are where we are because of the team. He is only 25 as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here