Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seagulls Direct and merchandising

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
On the subject of the ladies' onesie - what chuffing colour is it? Is it a minty green as it appears on the website? If so, why?

It may, in fact, be a baby blue but Seagulls Direct neither has:

a) A zoom in function on any photo of any item, nor
b) A colour specified in the description

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 23.08.00.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 23.08.15.png

https://www.seagullsdirect.co.uk/fashion/loungewear/ladies-onesie

Anyone?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Anyone know who to contact regards merchandising ?
I potentially have a product that would like to add football crests to and know it can be a bit of a minefield with licensing or using any clubs brand, and wondered how approachable the club would be to different products.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Does anyone think Nike is proving successful for the Albion? I know the club has claimed record sales, but on a matchday I still seem to see more Errea shirts and gear than Nike.

Go to my son's youth team training sessions; over half the kids have got both this seasons home and away kits. Some also have the goalkeeper kit too. Local kids are mad for Seagulls kits at the moment and that is full kit of top, shorts and socks. I'm sure commercially they are a great success, maybe just not so popular with ticket holding fans.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Go to my son's youth team training sessions; over half the kids have got both this seasons home and away kits. Some also have the goalkeeper kit too. Local kids are mad for Seagulls kits at the moment and that is full kit of top, shorts and socks. I'm sure commercially they are a great success, maybe just not so popular with ticket holding fans.

This. They're everywhere.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
On the subject of the ladies' onesie - what chuffing colour is it? Is it a minty green as it appears on the website? If so, why?

It may, in fact, be a baby blue but Seagulls Direct neither has:

a) A zoom in function on any photo of any item, nor
b) A colour specified in the description

View attachment 79825

View attachment 79826

https://www.seagullsdirect.co.uk/fashion/loungewear/ladies-onesie

Anyone?

Yep, if it's the one I was looking at in the superstore before the Fulham game, it was indeed a minty green colour. But as to the reason why, I have absolutely no idea.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Yes, and it's absolutely great to see. Until quite recently, the only kits that the great majority of kids ever wanted to be seen wearing, was one of the big London Premier League teams, Liverpool or Man U. Now its mainly the blue & white of Brighton.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I think this is sadly true. They used to have a nice range of smart shirts, for example.

Not a pop, so take no umbrage, but....

Why on earth would anyone want a 'smart shirt' with an Albion logo on it? Unless they were actually Martin Perry, or something?

You wouldn't wear a 'smart shirt' to the football, not Albion merchandise to work, so when? :shrug:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Why on earth would anyone want a 'smart shirt' with an Albion logo on it? Unless they were actually Martin Perry, or something?

You wouldn't wear a 'smart shirt' to the football, not Albion merchandise to work, so when? :shrug:

It didn't have a big blue badge on it or anything, I think it just said BHAFC on the pocket. And yes I would wear it to work, why not?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The club merchandise was ironically a lot better in the Withdean days. Everything now looks really chavy and Essex-man

Agree with that, I always used to buy polo shirts from the club shop but the current range seems to be designed purely for the skinny jeans generation.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Serious question. Did you also wear it with a comedy tie?

I genuinely don't know what youre getting at. Very odd.

Here's an example from Tottenham:
mf01aw09.jpg

Some people waste £100s on designer labels. Can't see what would be wrong with supporting the club in this way.

For less money, I can buy a better fitted, better quality, smart-casual shirt in Hollister, with a discreet Albion logo on it :thumbsup:

This type of thing, but permanently half of that price in the sale section of the shops:

https://eu.hollisterco.com/shop/eu/guys-shirts-tops/stretch-oxford-shirt-8294218_01

Doesn't add a lot of money to the club's coffers though?

Another thing is the birthday cards.

There's one quite nice one with the stadium and poppies on it, but the others are just large club crests. Would it be difficult to have, say, ones with gully and "5 Today" on it? And ones for adults perhaps with an Etching of Peter Ward or something? I don't know, I'm not a designer!

I mean look at these: https://www.seagullsdirect.co.uk/search?q=cards

Then look at these https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/...mBoCUyTw_wcB&dclid=CNeQoIn30NACFU0h0wod2gYK8A

and these:

https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/...jxoC9e3w_wcB&dclid=CIOsl5P30NACFWKhUQodTrgLtA

I don't know, perhaps I'm just not the target market.

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It didn't have a big blue badge on it or anything, I think it just said BHAFC on the pocket. And yes I would wear it to work, why not?

Ditto.

I agree with the majority view. Even though I don't wear a replica shirt, at Christmas I used to buy Albion merchandise as presents and also to treat myself. This year I've bought nothing as there's nothing that takes my fancy.

EDIT: And I love that Spurs one.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
I am completely underwhelmed by the offerings in the Club shop and wouldn't be seen DEAD in any of our present kit. It's stripes all round for me and I shan't buy another home shirt until it is. I thought the best value were the scarves but Nike's overpriced tat is very disappointing. Happy Christmas shopping, everyone! :ascarf:

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
The cyber Monday 'spend £30+ get a free ball' glitched - couldn't checkout with a junior home shirt. Tested it with a dummy purchase under £30 and checkout worked fine. Emails and tweets to the club went unanswered.

My daughter wandered round the club shop on Saturday to spend the best part of a tenner of her pocket money. She didn't see anything she liked, everything looked poor quality and over priced. £7 for a water bottle!

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] I'm surprised you've not had a discrete email from Paul Barber about this thread yet.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

They also used to do nice smart t-shirts that you could wear on any occasion. I had one that had a sort of sewn on 'sussex-by-the sea' thing - which when you looked closer you could work out was to do with football. It was basically the t-shirt I wore whenever I was travelling or elsewhere - because it wasn't over footie like, but enough to start discussions about the club / home, etc.

There's nothing like than now - and hasn't been for a while.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] I'm surprised you've not had a discrete email from Paul Barber about this thread yet.

"We've done extensive market research and the current stock lines and prices have a 95% approval rating ..."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here