Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
The jinx continues.

Barely warmed up and the new front light tops itself. I turn back and pick up all the pieces. The locking mechanism is funked, but as the light still worls, decent tape will fix that. The fixing is shite for that price. Not sure its trustworthy at all so will bodge with cable ties to help ensure it behaves in future.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh that's a shame.

I guess my OCD need to get a 'manual click' when using any of that style connector has paid off.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
It was a rough surface but not a ride you'd think 'uh oh' about. I guess it was working itself loose by tiny margins. Have a look at yours and see if you can do anything to keep it in place. Def put something soft in to cushion vibrations. The light was impressive even in not ful dark, so thanks for the recommendation. Thankfully the only damage to the clear bit is on the 'corner' so will still be workable all the while it doesn't try to escape. Enjoyed the ride which is the main thing. Pleased to feel empty, so it was a good work out. Need to put the 'guards back on as well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It was a rough surface but not a ride you'd think 'uh oh' about. I guess it was working itself loose by tiny margins. Have a look at yours and see if you can do anything to keep it in place. Def put something soft in to cushion vibrations. The light was impressive even in not ful dark, so thanks for the recommendation. Thankfully the only damage to the clear bit is on the 'corner' so will still be workable all the while it doesn't try to escape. Enjoyed the ride which is the main thing. Pleased to feel empty, so it was a good work out. Need to put the 'guards back on as well.
With all of the clip in holders I always make a point of holding the release up, forcing against the light/Garmin whatever so that I know it's locked into place, when it does finally click.
I guess way back when, the same thing must have happened to me, as befell you today.

The light is great esp when comparing run time, brightness and spread.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I think it was the bolt part underneath that slipped out. Now the cable ties mean that can't happen. The light can only escape from the mount now, mind you that looks pretty much on a knife edge. Gorilla tape has secured the housing, so I'm ready to go again.

Well that's all depressing, on a lovely sunny day.

I have just winter-fide my winter 'hack', as my summer legs and physique have long since left the building.
Lights, Garmin, bottle cages, full 'guards bought, now just trying to source a pair of Vittoria Open Pave to replace the Continental Grand Sport tyres it came with.

Fingers crossed I can get going again.

Just seen these Stat.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Schwalbe-L...&linkCode=w00&linkId=&creativeASIN=B00JFX6B2Y my paves are great but ive had 4 punctures thus far. Gonna get some 4 seasons. Hope ur well .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
my paves are great but ive had 4 punctures thus far. Gonna get some 4 seasons. Hope ur well .
Oh well that's them out of the window.

Phil had a set, right back in the day, and hated them.
4 p*******s underlines that, so as I only wanted them for the green wall #showpony they're done.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Hey Stat, you normally give us a total of miles riden as a combined Geeks effort this time of year. Was it China or something we'd done last year??

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hey Stat, you normally give us a total of miles riden as a combined Geeks effort this time of year. Was it China or something we'd done last year??

Not till the end of the year.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Come on [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION], a bit more detail than that, please.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Really enjoying being on Strava since the summer....done about 350 miles now (on & off road), and have a couple of KOM's to my name.
Cant believe I didn't get it sooner, although it does seem to have a bit of a brain fart every now and again by not recording sections, going a bit loopy and all over the place. Is this due to it being on my phone do you think, rather than a proper bike computer etc?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here