Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The FTSE 100 has fallen to the level it was at LAST WEEK! I'm sure your pension pot has not been drastically hit.

Its taken 8 years for the FTSE to get back to 2008 levels and it rose on a pro Europe vote speculation, we now slide back down the snake again.... the stockbrokers will still make money on trades and keep just ahead but I won't... my pension fund managers get a fixed amount from me every year for " looking after " my money and now we have huge uncertainty so, where do you think the market will go and who will it benefit ? not me for sure.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Still at it then anybody who doesn't agree with your views is a racist. Well that's 17.5M people then I'm sure they maybe a small percentage

No, you have completely and fundamentally misread my post, try reading it again and try harder this time.

Nowhere have I said everyone who voted for Brexit is racist, and just to be crystal clear, incase you're struggling, I don't think that. What I have said is the vast majority of this country's racists will have voted for Brexit. In fact quite possibly that cohorts vote will have tipped us into Brexit.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
There is one way around this, replace David and then call a general election and stand on the basis of not leaving the EU. The outcome maybe that we have more UkIp MPs, and a hung parliament, however more likely to have a majority pro EU.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What would have been the peoples reaction if either had won by 1 vote? It makes sense for there to be a minimum stipulated majority to ensure fairness.
A majority is a majority. That's democracy.

Otherwise it would be like saying you had to win by two clear goals for it to count as a win; a one goal margin would be counted as a draw.

Anyway, the majority was over a million; that's plenty.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
We chose a government that gambled that the British people wouldn't be hateful and dumb enough to vote for exit, in an effort to stave off UKIP from eating into it's support. But as you can see from the idiots who consider job losses merely collateral damage, never underestimate the spite of the average simpleton. I'm not going to deny that plenty of people (including your good self) have voted pragmatically and sensibly but differing from my own view, but there is a rump of people who voted for all the wrong reasons. I think my analogy with a referendum on capital punishment is a fair one. Loads of people who read the paper about various cases where justice isn't served severely enough will conclude that that the only way to sort this out is to vote yes to capital punishment. Then their son gets sent to the gallows for something they didn't do and brings that decision sharply back into focus.

The only nonsense being spouted here is yours. "if the EU say no deal, the whole EU will collapse". That right there is the stupidest thing you've ever said. I'm not going to even begin to explain why that is a crock of sh*t.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Love how some of you remain voters are not resorting to insults and being condescending. It's that attitude that made lots vote out, you lost. Live with it.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Maybe not, the point is both sides in elections make promises or assertions that are not true or deliverable. You can't re run elections/votes because of that. The referendum was poorly run by remain, they tried to scare people into voting to remain. They did not concentrate on the positives of being in the EU or fully explain the process of exiting and how difficult it would be and go through how future trade deals would be set up. The Tories are in power they could have said for example. They would automatically go the Same way as Norway and that would still mean freedom of movement for those in the EU, that would have put the immigration issue to bed. They had the power to turn round to the British public here's your vote and this is what will happen if you vote exit.

I'm not actually wanting a re-run btw, and I agree with you.

My disappointment is being lied to from both sides. It's been a bit of a freak show in my eyes and Cameron has been weak in his argument choices.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Nightmare. I am sure an awful lot of people who voted for Leave won't fully have understood the financial implications for themselves or their families.
Big fall in markets forecast today, God knows how long it will take to recover from the falls in pension pots and investments.
On a personal basis, I had been upping my cash, just in case.Have to sniff around for a few bargains, but I am not a happy camper.???

FTSE down 3.15% at today's close. Hardly catastrophic. It's now at 6138, the same level it was at 1 week ago. Nobody has been wiped out today or even badly hit, unless they've got money in individual stocks such as the banks. The German and French markets have been much harder hit.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
tumblr_myhr4i4BgT1sj5h4oo1_500.gif

:lolol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nowhere have I said everyone who voted for Brexit is racist, and just to be crystal clear, incase you're struggling, I don't think that. What I have said is the vast majority of this country's racists will have voted for Brexit. In fact quite possibly that cohorts vote will have tipped us into Brexit.

So which side do you think the majority of this country's paedophiles voted for, then? Or misogynists? Or homophobes?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here