Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Battle of Trafalgar on Sunday

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think he means that the 4pm KO makes a roast beforehand a bit late for lunch and too early for dinner and afterward if he waits until he gets home for a roast it's too late for him so he stops at a carvery on the way home for his roast. Basically he's saying with would normally have his roast at about 5 or 6 but the match gets in the way. I think?

I am glad somebody realized. I shall stop off at a Toby Carvery either The Downlands or George in Worthing on the way to taking Brother in Law back to Ferring. which will be between 6.30 and 7pm but wont get back to HH until about 9.00pm which is what I meant by being too late. Going to the game I shall leave at about 1.45 which is too early for a roast beforehand.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
to expensive for BG

I have no idea of the price but I doubt it will be too expensive just inconvenient as regards time and location as I catch the bus to the ground from The Old Steine. I would add that I think that it is a decent pub but would think that it gets too busy to sit down in comfort to eat a roast on a match day.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I am glad somebody realized. I shall stop off at a Toby Carvery either The Downlands or George in Worthing on the way to taking Brother in Law back to Ferring. which will be between 6.30 and 7pm but wont get back to HH until about 9.00pm which is what I meant by being too late. Going to the game I shall leave at about 1.45 which is too early for a roast beforehand.

I'm always at the Toby carvery in Crawley. Good value and they serve London Pride.Perfect

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I would add that I think that it is a decent pub but would think that it gets too busy to sit down in comfort to eat a roast on a match day.

Agree with that. Not sure I fancy eating a sit down meal in a tiny, rammed pub, with a whole load of people stood over me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm always at the Toby carvery in Crawley. Good value and they serve London Pride.Perfect

Toby Carvery are not the best but certainly not the worst and they give value for money as you know what you will get for your money. I think that they are better than Crown Carvery (same parent company) but I may try the roast at The Mulberry Goring which is again the same parent company but trades under the Flaming Grill banner.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I seldom have Sunday lunch at lunchtime, but this Sunday will be an exception. Meet pub at 1. Eat 1.30, part ways with those not doing footy 2.30. couple of swift ones with those attending and off to the ground.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Im completely bemused by this? To late for a roast, but you are going to have a carvery? Are they not the same thing?

Someone forgive me if im being thick.

Think he means nowhere will still be serving "Sunday Roast" after 6pm (or whenever) as they'll have all sold out.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You've got to applaud the nouse of the manager of the Battle in instigating this thread, with a nice juicy carrot to entice BG into the discussion and keep the page views rolling in.

I'll send him the invoice on Monday morning.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There's a couple more Sunday games after Newcastle too. Are we going to get one of these threads every time?!?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I have no idea of the price but I doubt it will be too expensive just inconvenient as regards time and location as I catch the bus to the ground from The Old Steine. I would add that I think that it is a decent pub but would think that it gets too busy to sit down in comfort to eat a roast on a match day.

was that you at the back of the bus last season singing "We're the backside Brighton boys"?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The BOT is next to Salty Finger chip shop. Come out of Brighton station look to your right and cross over at the lights towards the cafes and it is just up that road on the right.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I've been asked by Pete the manager of the Battle to post this;

We are expecting to be very busy before the Newcastle game,
if anyone is wanting a sunday roast before the match, please
can you phone (01273) 327997, or call in and book in advance
so the kitchen has an idea of numbers to cater for.
15,000 of us coming down at 1.30

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
The BOT is next to Salty Finger chip shop. Come out of Brighton station look to your right and cross over at the lights towards the cafes and it is just up that road on the right.
thanks, there is one in portslade as well

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There's a couple more Sunday games after Newcastle too. Are we going to get one of these threads every time?!?

Those (Everton and Saints) are both 1.30pm kick offs though - no chance of eating a meal, before those, surely.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
My perfered watering hole for a drink on match days. Trouble is the queues at the bar now makes it an unpleasant place since promotion.

Yeah, hope we go down, at least it'll mean getting a pint in the Battle is easier!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Those (Everton and Saints) are both 1.30pm kick offs though - no chance of eating a meal, before those, surely.

sunday-lunch-lg.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here