Votes: 35 21.0%
  • Hand it in

Votes: 132 79.0%

• Total voters

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd have done the right thing (in the OPs scenario, with [MENTION=1413]Mackenzie[/MENTION] 's purse, and your photos). Like you though, I'd have been FUMING to not receive a thank you. Not a reward - just an acknowledgment of thanks. I get UNREASONABLY annoyed if I so much as hold a door open for a stranger, or let a car out of a junction, and they don't acknowledge it :thumbsup:
Yep all of that, usually manifests itself as a (sarcastic) "you're welcome" at the door, or a "you piece of shit, I hope you end up in a ditch" driving the car.

:lolol:

Don't disagree, but some crimes are worse than others. I'd have a clear conscience and that is all I care about.

This is the thing, some will hand it in and may or may not shout it from the roof tops about what a great upstanding citizen they are, others will keep the money, the majority of those will remain anonymous and keep schtum therefore avoiding any moral judgement or being branded a thief (what action the good lord takes is a side issue though)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Hand it in and forget about it. Bonus if later on you get to claim it but in the meantime forget it. It was never yours so you can't miss it.
The OP's case is rather an unusual amount but fact remains, best hand it in an forget it.
As for finding a wallet or purse with just a twenty or so in you could make someone's day if they got that back or ruin it if you kept it.
To summarise: Hand it in, forget about it.

if there was only 20 quid in it i would drive to their house and hand it back ........but a wadd...??? i know what you're saying though.....i found a wallet in Bondi once , i rung the woman up , driving licence , credit cards , 400 bucks in it .........slipped the cash and took it to her house , she was a divorcee and a manager of a top club called the cauldron in Darlinghurst...she invited me + 3 mates for an all expenses paid night at the venue.........i never went.....:down:

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
It's not stealing though is it, it's keeping something you've found by chance, discarded in a public place. I'm not suggesting I'd go around mugging Saudis for their wallets. Not hard to see the difference :facepalm:

but it is theft.. theft by finding.. do you honestly think somebody would just discard a wallet with this much money in it ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm wondering how exactly you can determine how much they'll miss it based on the amount in the wallet.

Quite. Having £600 in a wallet doesn't make somebody filthy rich. Somebody might have saved their cash for months to be able to buy themselves a car, say, with that amount. Can they afford to lose it?

Alright, in the scenario in question, it appears unlikely, given the Saudi documents inside, but on a normal level, anybody carrying a fair bit of cash isn't necessarily loaded.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Quite. Having £600 in a wallet doesn't make somebody filthy rich. Somebody might have saved their cash for months to be able to buy themselves a car, say, with that amount. Can they afford to lose it?

Alright, in the scenario in question, it appears unlikely, given the Saudi documents inside, but on a normal level, anybody carrying a fair bit of cash isn't necessarily loaded.

Ignoring the Saudi part of this individual scenario, in my experience filthy rich folk rarely carry much cash (they've got their Coutts and Co black card, after all). Self-employed, tradesmen, people who work low-paid for cash - they are the ones walking about with a stack of tenners.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ignoring the Saudi part of this individual scenario, in my experience filthy rich folk rarely carry much cash (they've got their Coutts and Co black card, after all). Self-employed, tradesmen, people who work low-paid for cash - they are the ones walking about with a stack of tenners.

Indeed. I'm not equating myself with the filthy rich, but I rarely pay for anything with cash now. Probably tend to use contactless, rather than the Coutts card, but you're right. People with more cash on them are often the ones who can't afford to lose it.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Blimey. And that was at the time of Aldershot's terrible financial problems. Didn't they play West Ham in the FA Cup twice in front of around 25,000? Spencer Trehawy (or similar name). What a cock, club thought he was loaded but it all went wrong.

Glad their doing well this season. Big game on Saturday v Leyton Orient.

It was indeed Spencer now goes under the surname Day and is in charge at Farnborough.

The very fact that you actually KNOW how much cash was in it, rather than 'a load of cash', means that you were seriously tempted, whatever your final call.

Personally, because a) I'm pretty straight, and b) you were 100% certainly on CCTV... I'd have handed it in, but would first have left a note inside it with my name and address, explaining that I had found it (in the probably vain hope of receiving some token of thanks.

Actually, having read your post again I take umbrage at it, and you.

How dare you presume, and that's what you did, that I had counted the money within before deciding what to do with it.

Don't judge people by your own standards.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
[emoji38]ol: who the **** are you mate? Because I said I wouldn't hand a foreign persons wallet into the plod. Yeh sure I'll meet you. Come to Bristol and send me a PM I have nothing to be afraid of. Dickhead.
I apologise, I was having a bad day and my comment was uncalled for. I have a bit of a weak spot when it comes to racial discrimination, given my background.

That said, I'd hope that you would reconsider your views, since we have plenty of Albion fans with foreign names :)

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Actually, having read your post again I take umbrage at it, and you.

How dare you presume, and that's what you did, that I had counted the money within before deciding what to do with it.

That's fair. I did assume you'd counted it (on the grounds you knew the exact amount, and hadn't explained how).

I apologise unreservedly.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Don't forget drug dealers. They deal in cash.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've seen far too many films to be doing anything but handing it in, straight away. No way I've leaving any address or identification for myself. I'm then getting out of dodge fast. I only saw No Country for Old Men the other week...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've seen far too many films to be doing anything but handing it in, straight away. No way I've leaving any address or identification for myself. I'm then getting out of dodge fast. I only saw No Country for Old Men the other week...
If you saw that you should know not to bend down and pick up the wallet in the first place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here