Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham away

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Surely this proves all the 'closed shop' nonsense a few people on here like to come out with is, well, nonsense. More than 800 tickets still available at 9am today (plus however many the club have held back and will release at a later date) suggests only 2,000ish of the 3,000 people in the top tier actually want to go this game, leaving plenty for those in the second tier. And this is a London game at a world-famous stadium we've never played at before, where if there was a 'closed shop' you would expect it to be apparent.

Exactly. Which renders even further pointless (and more objectionable) the buiying of Bournemouth cup points with no intention of going.

Basically if you want a ticket for any game you will, if you have the means and desire, be able to attend.

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
9.31am and it looks like we've pretty much sold out as there are only 18 tickets still showing as available.

So anybody with 237 points or more has had ample chance to buy a ticket. To put that into context, 237 points means having an Amex season ticket for six years and going to no more than a handful of away/cup matches last season and this. Anybody who hasn't got 237 points doesn't really deserve a ticket for a London away match in the Premier League, so there should be no moaning there. And anybody who has 237 points had plenty of time to buy.

No complaints with this one then, roll on the Man United sales in October!

Guy I go with has had ST for 5 years at Amex, and has been with me to at least 10 away games a season (on his account / points) for the past 3 years.

I have 305 points; he has 217 points - bizarre.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Surely this proves all the 'closed shop' nonsense a few people on here like to come out with is, well, nonsense. More than 800 tickets still available at 9am today (plus however many the club have held back and will release at a later date) suggests only 2,000ish of the 3,000 people in the top tier actually want to go this game, leaving plenty for those in the second tier. And this is a London game at a world-famous stadium we've never played at before, where if there was a 'closed shop' you would expect it to be apparent.

The fact that it’s a Friday night, on TV, a rubbish ground for watching football in, and a pain the arse to get to may have something to do with it.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Got two. Hoping that the extra ten points from this will be enough to propel my dad into the top tier for future games.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
I've been on the ticket website since 9:10am, I've got 244 points & I've not even be able to see how many tickets are left. I can't even click on the red box. Am I missing something here?!!

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Can't be true. If he'd been to 10 away games a season for the last three seasons those would now be worth 87.5 points. Plus he'd have 150 from the five years of being a STH, giving him 237. And you said "at least", suggesting he's actually been to more games. And that doesn't include any he's been to this season that would still be worth their full value. So either his points have been miscalculated or he hasn't been to that many games.

No away games this season - stupidly; my thought is that perhaps the shortfall arises from purchasing tickets on the day at some away games.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can't be true. If he'd been to 10 away games a season for the last three seasons those would now be worth 87.5 points. Plus he'd have 150 from the five years of being a STH, giving him 237. And you said "at least", suggesting he's actually been to more games. And that doesn't include any he's been to this season that would still be worth their full value. So either his points have been miscalculated or he hasn't been to that many games.

I suspect there are plenty of people who have been away with the club as a last minute decision using tickets that have already been bought on someone else's account, not really ever picking up on the relevance of loyalty points until now.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No away games this season - stupidly; my thought is that perhaps the shortfall arises from purchasing tickets on the day at some away games.

Buying tickets on the day would not earn any points, so this is no doubt the reason for the lower points total

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
40 seats now showing as available! Managed to get my mates for him in the second tier of points so happy with that!

I guess people keep tickets in the basket and they reappear when they log out? When I first went in none where available other than wheelchair, thought I would try again and hey presto 3 in 219 and 38 in 220.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Fair enough, this sounds like the reason for his shortfall. But I can't see any possible way the club can award points to people who went to matches without buying in advance and, in their defence, they have made this clear in the past. It's undoubtedly unlucky, but not unfair.

I agree, I was just pointing out a possible reason for the shortfall. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here