Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our first game

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
First game of the season against Chelsea (the champions always kick off the season or am I just imagining that?).
12.30 kick off, live on Sky.
We score first so we can sing "we're top of the league" etc etc and ends in a 1-1 draw. Not too optimistic is it?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Palace at home get it over with

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Although I've not seen a definite "yes", I believe the rumour is that all newly promoted teams get their first game at home, so if true, it won't be either of them :thumbsup:

Watford got Everton away.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Away at Burnley, first home game Watford, followed by Swansea, then Newcastle, Huddersfield and Southampton. We'll then have a run of City, United, Chelsea, & Liverpool ... with those 30 points in the bag we can then relax and enjoy the rest of the season topping the EPL at Christmas and winning it by a clear 10 points.

OK, we survive by a point on the last game of the season, it's good enough!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Who will our Boxing Day derby be against - Palarse are obvious candidates, but Stains and B'muff may be in the running too?

Will we be home or away - it'll be the 50th anniversary for me from my first time at the Goldstone, Boxing Day 1967 vs Gillingham ....

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
This is what happened last season:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/beta/football/premier-league/scores-fixtures/2016-08

I would not sneeze at Watford at home on the Saturday.

Second game away (if we start with a home one) and one on the following Friday night on TV which might be best against a northern big club. Anfield is our best ground or St. James Park.

Then if we get someone like Leicester (best) WBA/Stoke/Everton/Burnley/Swansea we could get two Saturday games to start. .

I bet our last game of the season is away and it could be at Wembley.

Spurs and Leicester weren't featured on TV much at first.

Last edited:

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
I reckon both Brighton and Huddersfield will be televised over the first weekend and both with attractive opposition, double header on Sunday.

Best indication would be to look at what Bournemouth got. Anyone know?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I reckon both Brighton and Huddersfield will be televised over the first weekend and both with attractive opposition, double header on Sunday.

Best indication would be to look at what Bournemouth got. Anyone know?

Villa at home. Same as Portsmouth. Shame they're no longer available.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
The past two years we've had Nottingham Forest.

Not true, 2 years ago our first game was Nottingham Forest but last season it was Derby away...Forest was our second (and first home) game.

First game of the season against Chelsea (the champions always kick off the season or am I just imagining that?).

You are imaging it. But the champions first game is always shown on TV so if Chelsea is our opening fixture we could well find ourselves playing on the Sunday.

I think the natural response to the question posed in the opening post is to want to play the weakest team possible at home in a bid to get some early points. However, if we are handed a kind first game and then lose it then this place will do into full doom & gloom overdrive...Everyone will be throwing in the towel before the first international break.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here