Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] North Korean Media Tells Fans Their Country Has Reached World Cup Final

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Does anyone seriously believe this report? Just another piece of North Korea bashing propaganda isn't it? Most likely source is a South Korean comedy show spoof it seems.

This is so obviously not what the North Koreans are reporting. It is the sort of thing that gives credence to those that say that North Korea is 'alright, actually', because they can point to it and say that everything negative that is reported about NK is propaganda and lies.

??? and how are you so certin its fake? its on a youtube channel that features NK statue unveiling and taekwondo. you're saying this is slipped in amongst the other mundune reports to embaress the N.Koreans in the west? possible, but hardly "obvious", unless we are to believe everything reported about NK is a lie and its really a very nice place and the Kims are just misunderstood.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
??? and how are you so certin its fake? its on a youtube channel that features NK statue unveiling and taekwondo. you're saying this is slipped in amongst the other mundune reports to embaress the N.Koreans in the west? possible, but hardly "obvious", unless we are to believe everything reported about NK is a lie and its really a very nice place and the Kims are just misunderstood.

It just seems so Pythonesque in its hyperbole. Just well over the top, a parody of what NK might report.

I don't believe that everything reported about North Korea is a lie. I believe that it is a totalitarian regime with no regard for the rights of its people, and that living there must be Hell. I also believe that the people know little of what is happening elsewhere.

But this report...it's like something from a BBC3 sketch show.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Why was John Major there clapping Kim Jong-un?

major.JPG

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It just seems so Pythonesque in its hyperbole. Just well over the top, a parody of what NK might report.

fair point it is fairly ridiculous. but then there have been so many other ridiculous claims of what their leaders acheive that it in keeping. unless we are to believe its all lies, and really Korea is just this loverly place that just wants to get along on its own, and we just happen to hear a few bad stories. having seen the programme where the undercover journo gets a tour around an empty hospital experiencing a power cut, and sees the grinding poverty in the streets, im inclinded to belief N.Korea is not a fun place but has a nasty totalitarian government quite capable of this sort of naked propaganda.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Isn't that virtually the same video as the spoof one from the last World Cup but slightly updated with a few shots of Brazil added?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Things don't have to be that black or white. You should really question all news you read, especially when there are such obvious agendas and questionable sources.

Nobody is saying that North Korea is a lovely place, it is a totalitarian dictatorship and above all it's extremely poor. However there is a propaganda war between the Korea's and some of the imaginative stories emanating from the South are increasingly ridiculous because they can get away with it, and Western tabloids lap it up - from the Dear Leader's uncle being fed to the dogs, to reports of North Korean's eating their own children, etc.

What I find troubling is how so many people unquestionably believe everything they read in the news, not just in regards to North Korea but on a wider scale, it's dangerous.

Thanks for that, saved me the trouble of answering as you've said everything I would have said myself. :thumbsup:

In terms of this particular spoof, I think the South Koreans could do with Chris Morris on their team. He'd make a much better and funnier job of it and reel even more people into believing it as fact.

spanishdave

Jul 30, 2013
Hove
I think the North Korea vs Portugal match in the last world cup was the first match ever televised in North Korea. They got beat 7-0... :lolol:

Gertrude

May 10, 2014
Does anyone know what the score was? Hoping for a North Korea win. Believe my chances were very good :D

And anyone not notice the empty stadiums? Haha.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
At a guess they won 4 nil

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here