Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many Everton fans without tickets? It was evident from the full 25's at the steine....

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was on that train, pissed off was an understatement, I got to my seat in the WSU 15 mins into the first half, the train was due to leave at 13:12 from Brighton

I do wonder what you were doing. I was on the train that was due to leave at 13.12 (it left at twenty past) and got to my seat three minutes into the game, It was my first time going by train to the Amex, I was a bit worried as I didn't finish rugby training till 12.45 but I hardly missed any of the game - thought it worked pretty smoothly TBH.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I do wonder what you were doing. I was on the train that was due to leave at 13.12 (it left at twenty past) and got to my seat three minutes into the game, It was my first time going by train to the Amex, I was a bit worried as I didn't finish rugby training till 12.45 but I hardly missed any of the game - thought it worked pretty smoothly TBH.

No it didnt. Were you on the train that was delayed due to a camera fault?

There was an Asian looking geezer near me who showed no emotion through the whole game until Everton got their penalty. He filmed it on his phone - I think he realised he was being watched because he didn't react when they scored. If he had he would have got a size 10 three stripe in his Adam's apple.

WSU Block H - Row R(?) wearing a light 'Man City' blue hoodie by any chance...? If so we spotted him get his phone out to film the penalty...

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

Different train. I think your train was meant to go after the one we were on but as stated there was a fault with a camera so we were delayed

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Welcome to the Premier League. Closed shop away schemes causing away fans in the home end (c.f. Brighton at Arsenal), big sides travelling in numbers & trying their luck, refs biased in favour of big teams, football tourists filming penalties and Southern Rail wholly unable to cope with crowd numbers for a game played on Sunday lunchtime to suit Indian TV. None of this is exactly f-ing Surprise Surprise is it? This is what we wanted apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Different train. I think your train was meant to go after the one we were on but as stated there was a fault with a camera so we were delayed

Ah... that explains it. I got the first train that left after 1.05 and assumed it was the 1.12 running late but the 1.17 left before the 1.12. How bonkers is that?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Welcome to the Premier League. Closed shop away schemes causing away fans in the home end (c.f. Brighton at Arsenal), big sides travelling in numbers & trying their luck, refs biased in favour of big teams, football tourists filming penalties and Southern Rail wholly unable to cope with crowd numbers for a game played on Sunday lunchtime to suit Indian TV. None of this is exactly f-ing Surprise Surprise is it? This is what we wanted apparently.

For a start none of that is materially different to what life was like in the Championship: Matches get moved for TV, away fans sneak into home ends (I've done it myself), big clubs bring lots of fans and Southern Rail screw up. And despite your bias the refs have been WAY better than we've been used to. And yes it is what the vast majority of us wanted, (although I accept a tiny percentage still yearn for the Withdean years). And you have to take the rough with the smooth. I'm not sure how old you are, but I remember our old first division days, and even with its faults the Premier League pisses all over the old First Division. This IS the place to be.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm not surprised the Everton fans thought the transport system was terrible, they won't have used Southern trains very often.

Will be different when the Liverpool and Man Utd fans come, what with being locals.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Were people really getting on the 13:12 for a 13:30 kick off? Whatever happened to contingency?

Exactly. No way would I be leaving it THAT late and putting my trust in SASTA to get me 3 stops along to Falmer in time for kickoff. Bonkers.

If its less than an hour to kickoff and I'm still at Brighton then I start getting sweaty palms about making it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Were people really getting on the 13:12 for a 13:30 kick off? Whatever happened to contingency?

My guess is most people weren't aiming for that train, but as there were train problems on Sunday (so I understand, I wasn't on the trains myself), that's the service they found themselves hoping to get.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Welcome to the Premier League. Closed shop away schemes causing away fans in the home end .

Exactly , and i would bet my bottom dollor there will be at least 100 Brighton fans in the home end on friday night , 4 for sure .

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

It was chaos at the station. Loads of people have commitments with kids sports etc or travel a long distance before you start about leaving it to the last minute.
The problem was a total lack of communication as per usual. The later train 13.17 actually left before our train and was half empty! It was really annoying and lots of away fans were getting really upset and I don't blame them

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Well, you learn something new every day. So if you're a 1901 member and you can't attend a game you can give your ticket to a friend with the club's blessing, but we in the North aren't supposed to do that? That is completely ridiculous. It implies that splashing out lots of money on football - related stuff makes it less likely that you have friends who are nutters, which as we all know, simply isn't true :)

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Think about what you just said and then think about other people have lives outside of just going to football.

Much like why people leave early, there will be reasons people will need to leave later than some, not to mention the trains were a nightmare, just getting into Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here