Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seagulls Programmes

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Got a week off work coming up and going to totally lose myself in this site. Great, great work.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
My collection of home programmes goes back to early 60s but is in no way complete. Not only have you filled in the holes, you have saved me from rummaging through boxloads to find prgrammes for reference purposes. Top work Hiney - every club needs a
Hiney!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Just came across this page while browsing this wonderful site.

352B7065-192A-44FF-81DE-8E2EBFC96048.jpeg

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
For everything outside of the 40s I just get 'programmes coming soon' or a blank drop down menu? I'm using a 4 year old Samsung tablet.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
For everything outside of the 40s I just get 'programmes coming soon' or a blank drop down menu? I'm using a 4 year old Samsung tablet.

I had that a couple of times, I refreshed my browser a couple of times and that seemed to do the trick

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Back in 2009, I thought it would be a good idea to have a digital copy of all my programmes. I started scanning them in, page by page, quickly realising that it was going to be long, long task.

Yesterday evening I finished scanning my collection.

There are around 45,500 individual page scans, collected into around 1,500 sets. This includes the vast majority of Albion home programmes since 1950, fanzines and other memorabilia.

There is more to do - I want to finish off the fanzine and handbook sections, but the bulk of it is done.

Massive thanks to [MENTION=2647]gripper stebson[/MENTION] for designing the site and [MENTION=831]The History Man[/MENTION] for loads of help and encouragement along the way.

Thanks also to everyone who looks at the site. I know I'm probably off my head but it was a huge labour of love for an old anorak.

Have a look, if you haven't already www.seagullsprogrammes.co.uk

You could sell the club your pdf collection, save them some money to employ somebody to do it

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2017/november/albion-programme-archive-goes-live/

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
This helped me to establish that my first game was in March 1978. I thought it was ‘77 or even ‘76.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Unfortunately that is a typo.
I'm still trying to work out whether you seriously thought I didn't know it was a typo.............

(I thought about saying 'Whoosh', but that would seem a bit ungrateful after you've set up this very enjoyable site in the first place).

Last edited:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I'm still trying to work out whether you seriously thought I didn't know it was a typo.............

(I thought about saying 'Whoosh', but that would seem a bit ungrateful after you've set up this very enjoyable site in the fist place).

No, not being serious. At least they got it right in the team sheet listing.

:thumbsup:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

(I thought about saying 'Whoosh', but that would seem a bit ungrateful after you've set up this very enjoyable site in the fist place).

No, not being serious. At least they got it right in the team sheet listing.

:thumbsup:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
[TWEET]933653816787992577[/TWEET]

Just out of interest [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] - from your tweet, it looks as though the club plan to have all post-war home progs on the official website eventually. I appreciate this will take time, but what are the implications for your seagullsprogrammes website when that becomes reality? Will you close it down or will it remain?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here