Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question Time - BBC1 22:45

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We are terrified of offending people, it's in our DNA. A peculiarly British trait lies at the very root of the problem rather ironically! Could be the death of us all perhaps?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
The BBC last question is....

How can we stop the negative feeling towards Muslims....

FFS

Should the last question not be how can we live live together and move forward not....

Not oh no the Muslim community need protecting and understanding....

We all need protecting not just you, this is what pisses me off.

**** this, I've had to talk to my brother tonight who was identifying bodies over the past two days....

Get real people were at war on our own soil and you don't know it.

We need to stand together weed out the enemy together, if you defend or make excuse for them because of their background upbringing or religion your just as guilty.

Evil cowards, here and abroad in the name of religion.

Religion the last bastion of stupidity.

Precisely, the Asian fella pissing his pants because his 8 year old girl was called a terrorist at school and because he felt "uncomfortable" going to work on Tuesday should have been invited to take himself (plus daughter) along to the local morgues and hospitals to ensure he was afforded a sense of perspective on his concerns.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria

FFS

Should the last question not be how can we live live together and move forward not....

**** this, I've had to talk to my brother tonight who was identifying bodies over the past two days....

We need to stand together weed out the enemy together, if you defend or make excuse for them because of their background upbringing or religion your just as guilty.

Correct .

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Pretty poor QT tonight.

The elephant in the room is still there and nobody seems to know what to do about it.

According to all the news, Corbyn will today announce the war on terror is a failure and must presumably stop in its current guise..
I am looking forward to the solution he will be presenting as an alternative to current thinking.
I expect it will be a little nuts .......but benefit of the doubt and giving him a fair crack i will listen to his alternative before judging it fully.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
QT summed up where we are.
Bloke gets given a pamphlet at the mosque describing how the west is bad, modern young muslim girl describes how islam has a problem with radicals teaching at mosques but muslims are reluctant to admit it.
Moderate muslim lady dismisses both of them as rubbish and has never seen any problems.

It is going to be a long uphill struggle if moderate muslims deny there is a problem to start with.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
According to all the news, Corbyn will today announce the war on terror is a failure and must presumably stop in its current guise..
I am looking forward to the solution he will be presenting as an alternative to current thinking.
I expect it will be a little nuts .......but benefit of the doubt and giving him a fair crack i will listen to his alternative before judging it fully.

Has been pointed out already this morning that 9/11 happened before Iraq, Syria and Libya wars, but Jezza won't let a little old fact get in the way now will he? Terrorist sympathising libertarian ****.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

FFS

Glad I never watched QT last night

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Has been pointed out already this morning that 9/11 happened before Iraq, Syria and Libya wars, but Jezza won't let a little old fact get in the way now will he? Terrorist sympathising libertarian ****.

You seriously think that foreign policy had nothing to do with 9/11?

And you also think that the "war on terror" is working?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You seriously think that foreign policy had nothing to do with 9/11?

I missed the bit where we killed over three thousand innocent civilians in one foul swoop without warning, I do apologise.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
QT summed up where we are.
Bloke gets given a pamphlet at the mosque describing how the west is bad, modern young muslim girl describes how islam has a problem with radicals teaching at mosques but muslims are reluctant to admit it.
Moderate muslim lady dismisses both of them as rubbish and has never seen any problems.

It is going to be a long uphill struggle if moderate muslims deny there is a problem to start with.

This is exactly the point, we can never win "the war on terror" because people are not willing to accept they/we have a problem of conflicting interests/beliefs/values etc denial on both sides is a fact that needs addressing, but how is another question.

At the end of the day we will never ever win "the war on terror" until they lay down their weapons, we can never stop hate, we can never stop radicalism there will always be a threat and people that want to change someones way of life to suit there own ends....

It is a sad fact and let's admit it Christianity,Islam and other faiths all breed an element of contempt towards others, its in a way worse or just as bad a racism because (here me out before you attack me) within these faiths they not only have a superiority complex towards other faiths they can and do have views towards women that are archaic and women people are roughly 50% of the population of the world.

The world will never ever be one big happy clappy utopia, we have to live with that and accept some people cannot be reasoned with and they do think they are better than you and they do want to kill you for no other reason other than they believe in something you don't.

Ok, rip me to pieces if you will.

There just my views, It does not make me right or a bad person, because I know I can be reasoned with and change my mind about topics with reason and facts.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I missed the bit where we killed over three thousand innocent civilians in one foul swoop without warning, I do apologise.

well done on your glib answer.

I'm not implying that I think flying planes into buildings and murdering people is acceptable or justifiable. I don't at all.

I asked if you think that foreign policy had nothing to do with 9/11. If you don't then I suggest you have a look at the possible motives.

While you're at it, have a look at the estimated impact of things like sanctions against irag (there's a clue there regarding motives).

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This is exactly the point, we can never win "the war on terror" because people are not willing to accept they/we have a problem of conflicting interests/beliefs/values etc denial on both sides is a fact that needs addressing, but how is another question.

At the end of the day we will never ever win "the war on terror" until they lay down their weapons, we can never stop hate, we can never stop radicalism there will always be a threat and people that want to change someones way of life to suit there own ends....

It is a sad fact and let's admit it Christianity,Islam and other faiths all breed an element of contempt towards others, its in a way worse or just as bad a racism because (here me out before you attack me) within these faiths they not only have a superiority complex towards other faiths they can and do have views towards women that are archaic and women people are roughly 50% of the population of the world.

The world will never ever be one big happy clappy utopia, we have to live with that and accept some people cannot be reasoned with and they do think they are better than you and they do want to kill you for no other reason other than they believe in something you don't.

Ok, rip me to pieces if you will.

There just my views, It does not make me right or a bad person, because I know I can be reasoned with and change my mind about topics with reason and facts.

Yes, it was noticeable that the bloke that had the leaflet was shut down by Dimbleby immediately and not debated, swept under the carpet. Last night showed that in fact nothing has changed, just carry on as usual with the same old soundbites until the next attack and repeat

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Yes, it was noticeable that the bloke that had the leaflet was shut down by Dimbleby immediately and not debated, swept under the carpet. Last night showed that in fact nothing has changed, just carry on as usual with the same old soundbites until the next attack and repeat

I was expecting him to be challenged by JD immediately he brought this up but he was allowed to explain it at length.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was expecting him to be challenged by JD immediately he brought this up but he was allowed to explain it at length.

And then ignored

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Absolutely spot on. All the time we and the Muslim community (as proven by the woman in the headscarf) continue to bury our heads in the sand and these sorts of attacks will continue to happen.

Giving the BBC a bit of credit they have put the clip on their home page today. The bloke was right, how could that possibly be taken out on context??

Fit in or **** off!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Precisely, the Asian fella pissing his pants because his 8 year old girl was called a terrorist at school and because he felt "uncomfortable" going to work on Tuesday should have been invited to take himself (plus daughter) along to the local morgues and hospitals to ensure he was afforded a sense of perspective on his concerns.

Wise words. I'm sorry, but that is vaguely unpleasant - not unlike my son being teased for having ginger hair. I don't see anyone on QT asking what we can do to reassure people who have indigenous celtic features - and rightly so. The issue here is how to stop 8 year olds being at the risk of receiving a face full of bolts and nails for the heinous crime of going to a pop concert, NOT that your daughter is being teased you utter fking moron.

Broadly speaking, we're a tolerant, welcoming society in this country. But enough is enough - no more pussyfooting around. It's time our laws had some teeth. There was a UKIP announced yesterday that I agree with. Any evidence from our intelligence of people going to places like Libya and Afghanistan and cavorting with people known to be enemies of the west should simply not be allowed back into the country. No more biting the hand that feeds.

If we don't take this seriously, we will run the risk of letting the serious racists getting a grip on the country.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I really have never rated JD as a host, to be honest, he is not a patch on Robin Day. He is a pompous arse who loses control of the panelists too frequently and as you both say, shuts down debate too readily. He's your classic BBC lick-spittle of all aspects of the establishment.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Although later on it was pointed out again by a young non hijab wearing Muslim lady who in fact confirmed this type of leaflet and message being handed out at Mosques, and confirmed that Didsbury Mosque was one of these places. To her credit she actually pointed out the elephant in the room and touched on points that were completely overlooked in the show. All the other Muslims in the show took issue with her and denied the propaganda against the west at their Mosques.

Out of the whole audience there was just this one honest Muslim lady, the rest, "the moderates" were just covering up and in denial of the hate they promote against the west. She even suggested closing all Saudi financed Mosques and Imans.

They are the haters, bigots and secularphobes and they are playing us like a game.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here